Tree Sparrows in flight

Edit My Images
Yes
What an awful day, still I had not been out for a while and grey skies and a drop of rain would not stop me, all taken with the D700.

500mm + 1.4TC 1/500 f5.6 ISO 5000
232_031.jpg

500mm 1/500 f5.6 ISO 3600
232_033.jpg

A near miss ?
500mm 1/500 f5.6 ISO 3600
232_034.jpg

500mm 1/500 f4 ISO 2200
232_070.jpg

Cracking work Martyn :clap::clap: All very good but that last shot stands out for me (y)

Cracking work Martyn :clap::clap: All very good but that last shot stands out for me (y)

Cheers Rich ... not bad for wide open :D with a TC, I tried a few with the 1.7TC and was amazed at the results, even at ISO6400 ... looking forward to some decent light.

Cheers Rich ... not bad for wide open :D with a TC, I tried a few with the 1.7TC and was amazed at the results, even at ISO6400 ... looking forward to some decent light.

Your telling me, like I said before Nikon have done really good with their high ISO capabilty.

Very impressive noise control there Martyn! Nikon have certainly got there act together with that. (y)

Excellent shots Martyn, Like Rich the last one is perhaps a favourite for me because of the rain and the general composition etc, but its hard to choose between them all. As a Canon man I am reluctant to admit it, but at those ISO setting they are exceptional. Have you applied much, or any NR to them. Well done indeed (y)

Excellent shots Martyn, Like Rich the last one is perhaps a favourite for me because of the rain and the general composition etc, but its hard to choose between them all. As a Canon man I am reluctant to admit it, but at those ISO setting they are exceptional. Have you applied much, or any NR to them. Well done indeed (y)

The first three went through noiseware on default, mainly because the backgrounds looked a bit busy. I posted a Blackbird image a couple of weeks ago shot at 6400 without any NR.

The camera is set to High ISO NR 'Low'.

I must admit I always thought my D300 was good, and had no problem taking it to 3200, but this D700 is much cleaner ... must say I am pleased with the D700, it's ability to lock focus on birds in flight is superb ... just need the Terns to return and some decent light :D

The first three went through noiseware on default, mainly because the backgrounds looked a bit busy. I posted a Blackbird image a couple of weeks ago shot at 6400 without any NR.

The camera is set to High ISO NR 'Low'.

I must admit I always thought my D300 was good, and had no problem taking it to 3200, but this D700 is much cleaner ... must say I am pleased with the D700, it's ability to lock focus on birds in flight is superb ... just need the Terns to return and some decent light :D
Thanks Martyn, thats interesting. Hopefull I'll be seeing you down there soon, this last few weeks I just gave up with the weather and light, now we're being blown away :D

Thanks Martyn, thats interesting. Hopefull I'll be seeing you down there soon, this last few weeks I just gave up with the weather and light, now we're being blown away :D

Lightweight :D

Looks a bit different now, trees to the right of the Scott hide beyond the reeds have been felled, and a few gone around Gazebo bay, opened it up quite nicely.

Lovely shots Martyn although your settings depress me a tad.

Wow, excellent captures, Martyn!

Brilliant shots. They almost don't look real ;)

Back