Tree Sparrows

Edit My Images
Yes
Horrible day today, wet, cold and windy, which is reflected in the look of these two Tree Sparrows, who are experiencing their first winter.

They were both huddled up fairly deep in the bushes, seeking whatever shelter they could.

This was more an exercise of seeing how the 300 f4 handled the 1.7TC, considering the conditions it did pretty well, these were both shot resting the lens on the hide window ledge.

Both of these were using the 300 f4 AF-S + 1.7 TC, 1/400 sec, f7.1 ISO 3200

Excellent captures Martyn, and that combo certainly gives very good sharpness, contrast and colour (y)

You've captured the birds detail very well in these two shots, would have liked to see them without the OOF twig etc in front of them.

Very fine shots.

You've captured the birds detail very well in these two shots, would have liked to see them without the OOF twig etc in front of them.

Thanks for the comment, the OOF branches and twigs were deliberate, I was trying to capture the fact that they were huddled up deep inside the bushes, sheltering from the elements, I think it works better with the first image, the twig just gets in the way on the second one but the bird looked better on the second.

It does show how well the AF works at f6.7 managing to lock on the target in poor light and distracting elements.

I was making a mental note of which branches needed attention from the secateurs next time I go up :D

Back