Tree Surgeon buys Camera!

Name
Chris Hennelly
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi! I'm an Arborist,I live in Norfolk,I bought a Praktika lb2? In '79 and used it until the late 80's when mislaid during a house move,then a succession of smaller compacts,I recently thought I'd start again,so I've bought a Pentax 645, obviously a mountain of learning! Any encouragement would be appreciated! I'm normally using a Stihl chainsaw,so hopefully upper body strength will cope with the camera weight! Kind regards Chris.

Hi and welcome to TP

On the surmise you mean the 645 medium format film camera then I suggest you have look through this sub-fora just for film enthusiasts.....the last time IIRC that I used film was >20 years ago! Though I still have my Rollei T and Weston MasterV meter.

Last edited:
Hi Chris, And welcome aboard TP. "Enjoy"

Welcome to the forum Chris, enjoy yourself here :welcome:

From Norfolk also ;)

Welcome Chris. Great to have another PentaxUser on board.

Film community is strong, IIRC the Pentax 645 is a well equipped camera and it should serve you well.

If you've bought a film 645, check that the battery compartment is clean and there's been no damage to the contacts from a leaking battery - that is the main problem with one I bought used, and I'm still trying to get it working reliably.
Welcome to the Forum though, and that's a cracking way to get back into the hobby. Keep us posted on how you get on.

Many thanks to all on the forum for the welcome! I have fim ordered and hope to join a local photography club. Thanks all! I'll post pictures when available! Kind regards Chris Hennelly.

Oh Dear! My foray back into photography has hit a stumbling block! If you have a Pentax 645 maybe you can advise! I removed the motor wind unit to more easily put in the 6AA batteries by using a coin as per manual to unlock,but having replaced batteries the big silver twist lock won't lock,so the unit is not secure and not making the electrical connection! Any solutions please! Kind regards Chris Hennelly (aspiring photographer... soon!).

I have not owned the camera you have but it may either require winding on manually or firing the shutter to be able to re attach the winder, See if you can find a on line manual for the body and the drive.

Back