Treecreeper, a first for me (Edited pics...)

cosmix3

David Sullivan
Name
Stuart
Edit My Images
No
Hi,

Am up on my Scotland visit, and went for a drive around the Trossacs today to do some Landscape, one of the last places I stopped I noticed a fair bit of Little Bird activaty where I had parked, then I spotted the Treecreper, but as I was doing Landscape the 7D had the 24-70 on, but luckily one of my 40's was wearing the 100-400 so grabed it to get some shots as I didnt want to miss it as it is the first time I have seen one. Anyway here are 2 of the shots.

IMG_2706_a.jpg

IMG_2711_a.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Nicely done Stuart :clap::clap: You whent, you saw, and you conquered really then :D Both nice and sharp and if I was going to crit it would maybe be just a shade lighter. But wait untill what others have to say due to monitor differences (y)

Well spotted and nicely captured Stuart. Agree with Rich about being a tad lighter but you should easily adjust that in PP.

Well done - I remember being ectstatic when I got my first Treecreeper - absolutely manic little movers and a real challenge to track - never mind capture. A bit dark though - there's loads of detail to be got out of these, but as your edit box isn't ticked ...

Nicely done Stuart (y) never seen one, but I doubt I'd be able to capture it... they do look a little dark though.

Thanks all, am so chuffed at seeing it, and getting the shot as it was moving quite fast, as for them being dark, am on a laptop at the moment that I forgot to calibrate before comming away, so they probibly are a bit on the ark side, wil have a look at them when I get home on Sunday and redo them on the main PC.

:clap: Really nice shots these...
Tricky little birds to photograph because they move up them trees at quite a rate.

Indeed, and they usually hop round to the far side of the tree when they spot anyone.

Very nice indeed tricky little blighters could stand a tad lighter me thinks

Thanks all, am so chuffed at seeing it, and getting the shot as it was moving quite fast, as for them being dark, am on a laptop at the moment that I forgot to calibrate before comming away, so they probibly are a bit on the ark side, wil have a look at them when I get home on Sunday and redo them on the main PC.

You will still be smiling when you get back I reckon :D Enjoy the rest of your time Stuart and a safe journey home (y)

Well done Stuart, a realy good bird to capture (y) Look forward to the edits:)

I am very lucky where I live. We sometimes have a Tree Creeper in our orchard, as others have mentioned a very hard bird to get a photo of, I have tried several times but only got vague distance shots. So any photo of this particular bird is a triumph in my eyes.

Realspeed

(y)(y)(y)

We have 3 different treecreepers that visit our garden and feed on the fat balls and seed feeders,

great little birds to watch and photograph.

Only managed a couple of reasonable shots had to crop them a fair bit.

Thanks all, will be doing the edits when I get back home and have access to my main PC.

You will still be smiling when you get back I reckon :D Enjoy the rest of your time Stuart and a safe journey home (y)

You are probably right there Rich, still cant beleive I actualy got to see one.

Have changed the pics in the OP for the edits now that I am home, and have to agree now I have seen them on the main PC, they were way too dark.

Looks good here Stu :)
Hope you got some more surprises up your sleeve to show us all :D

Looks good here Stu :)
Hope you got some more surprises up your sleeve to show us all :D

Thanks Rich, a few more too come, not as rare as the Treecreeper though, but a few more birdys to come as well as some other wildlife, have just posted some of my night shots from Glasgow though.

Back