Trees, hills and Roads....oh my!

EdinburghGary

Reply not Report
Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Some more from my walk this morning! Not really sure about the 2nd, its a wierd texture, and a close zoom...it might be a stinker and might find my bin sooner rather than later :D

1:
3052140715_c529af74fd_o.jpg

2:
1zbqxpk.jpg

3:
3052971288_ca7238e0e9_o.jpg

4: Another high contrast road!
3052972444_878a2c6d9b_o.jpg

C & C Welcome :)

Last edited:
hmmm 2nd :nono: not for me..

overall ok mate

thats what i like about you " last shot" you get down and dirty for your work..

md(y)

hmmm 2nd :nono: not for me..

overall ok mate

thats what i like about you " last shot" you get down and dirty for your work..

md(y)

Cheers mate :D I really like road shots for some reason. Its the lines I guess.

Diggin them all, even #2 which would have been a great shot with a mountain biker rolling from right to left down that slope! ;)

Diggin them all, even #2 which would have been a great shot with a mountain biker rolling from right to left down that slope! ;)

There are TONNES of them around that area, jus5t not on a Sunday morning :)

Yep all good for me too, especially No. 3, nice colour and texture.

Andy

Thanks Guys,

I am always surprised at the responses.

My take!

I really like it (at the moment), although I think I could really get more from the shot if I spend some time in PP tweaking the white balance a bit.

Wasn't sure, but after 12 hours or so, I'm not keen. Too dark, and not enough of it to really appreciate the hill.

Too warm, too orangey, and too wide. I should have gone for a slightly smaller area and zoomed a little.

I am really keen on this one, I cropped the top off to focus on the road. I love road shots.

I'm with Marky H, #2 is Total Recall, #4 has a real sense of darkness that I really like.

I like number 2...and numbers 1 and 3. Number 4 does absolutely nothing for me.....just personal taste, I guess :shrug:

I can't find fault with any of these, as usual a really good set, I think my favourite is number 1 :clap:

I can't find fault with any of these, as usual a really good set, I think my favourite is number 1 :clap:

Thanks, it's my fave too.

I like number 2...and numbers 1 and 3. Number 4 does absolutely nothing for me.....just personal taste, I guess :shrug:

Thank you for your honesty, appreciated.

I'm with Marky H, #2 is Total Recall, #4 has a real sense of darkness that I really like.

You know, the area is exactly like Total Recall. I have more visits planned, the hill is man made (an Oil Bing I think).

Interesting, well-composed and varied set, Gary :clap:. I like #2 - my first thought on seeing it was "Total Recall" :D

Thanks mate.

1 and 2 I love, 3 and 4 just aren't doing it for me i'm afraid. 3...hmmm, yes, maybe more zoom, 4, if you could have just got a bit more reflection in that puddle....1, th elighting it beautiful and the sillouette spot on, 2, light and textures is very good :clap:

Very nice gary I think the pick of the bunch for me is the last, but I do have a tarmac fetish that goes hand in hand with selective colouring..

1 and 2 I love, 3 and 4 just aren't doing it for me i'm afraid. 3...hmmm, yes, maybe more zoom, 4, if you could have just got a bit more reflection in that puddle....1, th elighting it beautiful and the sillouette spot on, 2, light and textures is very good :clap:

Thanks for the honesty. 3 will be binned, I mean its just too busy and orange. The road one, well I have loads of others. It will get old fast, so in a week or so I will probably get shot :)

Very nice gary I think the pick of the bunch for me is the last, but I do have a tarmac fetish that goes hand in hand with selective colouring..

Thanks duder!

I really like it (at the moment), although I think I could really get more from the shot if I spend some time in PP tweaking the white balance a bit.

Wasn't sure, but after 12 hours or so, I'm not keen. Too dark, and not enough of it to really appreciate the hill.

Too warm, too orangey, and too wide. I should have gone for a slightly smaller area and zoomed a little.

I am really keen on this one, I cropped the top off to focus on the road. I love road shots.

1. Agree

2. Agree. Nothing to give any scale either.

3. Agree.

4. I most definitely LIKE, but 'really keen' might be a bit strong for me. Reminds me of a magazine advert. I think it was Toyo T1-S's.

1. is nice but does not do a lot for me

2. I like - played with it in PS and just a little tweak of the levels really brings it to life. Makes me think of a volcano and if it was mine I would probably try and play with it to see if I could create an impression of a red hot lava flow

3. Lovely landscape but agree, not keen on colour or crop.

4. I like.

Just came into my office and these are SOOOO dark on my screen. Gonna buy a calibrator today.

Thanks for comments guys.

great shots.
#1 for me , but I am a sucker for a colourful sky.
Not sure on #2 like the colour but lack of texture me thinks.

Back