Trigger flash on xt2

Name
Karen brown
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All, I’m a photography student and have just started a module in lighting and studio. I have a fujifilm xt2 and been using a trigger flash for some portrait exercises.

Set camera to f8, 1/125 iso100. couldn’t see anything through the viewfinder or display in the studio only when I half depressed the shutter button. But it only lets me view for tiniest second and not enough to manually zoom or focus on the subject. What am I doing wrong??

No one else has an issue and I’m feeling very disheartened.

I just bought a Fuji x100f and have never owned a mirrorless camera. I did try a flash the other day. If you have the electronic finder on you can't see anything as with those settings you get what the camera sees. Is that your problem? does an xt2 have a normal optical viewfinder ?

Gaz

No one else has an issue and I’m feeling very disheartened.

I've never used that camera but there should be a setting which turns off the exposure adjustment so the display no longer reflects the current exposure, on Sony it's called Live View Display and I'm guessing it's probably PREVIEW EXP./WB on the Fuji but again as I've never used that camera before so I don't know.

Have a hunt around the menus, there should be an option there.

Last edited:
You can see the settings here

Video here

As above, you need to disable ‘exposure simulation in viewfinder’
Mirrorless cameras are great for most things, but studio photography with flash isn’t their forte.

Back