Trip to the allotments

Name
David Bridges
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

Ewan has given me an idea of going to my local allotment. Its about 100m's away from my house so i got up at half 7 and took a walk down. Well there isnt a shortage of these fella's (even though i only got a few sharp shots :LOL:)

And thanks Ewan(y)

2003630057804860345_rs.jpg

With PP
2005589701645610607_rs.jpg

C&C welcome

Nicely done David ... (y) ... well composed and good 'n sharp the only things it needs imgo is a lift of levels, a little saturation perhaps and bit of sharpening ... :shrug: ... but a really lovely image well worth getting out and about early for ... :eek: ... for you anyways ... :D

:p

Early birds and worms (y)

Looks as though it could be a great shot,try Vens advice and repost. (y)

Very nice indeed (y) I did see a robin at our allotments the other day but the sparrows were determined not to let him anywhere near the feeders (where I was hiding!). I think I would use PS to just boost the contrast and brightness in this shot, unless you took it in RAW (which I heartily recommend doing btw ;) ) in which case just the EC could be boosted. Personally I'm not sure it needed any more saturation :shrug:

Now I'd better try and get something half as good as that today - the weather hasn't been kind recently :(

I might have another walk down today hopefully i can get my ISO down to 200, i prefer the first shot as it hadnt been edited at all but i took it in JPEG by mistake !

I might have another walk down today hopefully i can get my ISO down to 200, i prefer the first shot as it hadnt been edited at all but i took it in JPEG by mistake !

Remember, the best time to shoot wildlife if you're baiting it (for example waiting near a bird feeder) is morning and late afternoon as that is when they feed most. Middle of the day birds sometimes nip down for a snack though ;)

Back