Tripod Bag Help

Name
Steviegee
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi I have just purchased a Manfrotto 190xB Tripod with 322RC2 Horizontal Grip Action Ballhead and I want a tripod bag that will take the tripod and head. Looked at Manfrotto Bags padded and unpadded but are quite expensive. Should i just bite the bullit and buy Manfrotto or is there another alternative.Any advice would be grateful.
NB I also have a Slingshot 300 but dont think anything available to put tripod on bag although head could go in bag if neccesary. Thanks in advance

i have the 190 XPROB and 804RC2 head,and recently bought the manfrotto MBAG70,which is supposed to take the above.in reality though,it goes in,but i cannot fully zip it up with the head attached,so maybe i should have gone for the MBAG80.the bag is very well made,and worth the £20 price tag to protect the tripod.

i would suggest you buy the MBAG80 if you want to keep the head attached,or the MBAG70 if you don't mind removing it...

hope this helps

I also have had some success with the Manfrotto strap that is rubberised and allows you to sling it over your shoulder yet keep the tripod handy?

I've got the same tripod, with a medium 486 ball head, and have the MBAG70. I keep the tripod in the bag in the boot of the car to stop it rattling around, and that's the only use I have for it. It's a pain when out and about, as it is just one more thing to carry around when you have the camera mounted on the tripod, your camera bag over your shoulder, and you are moving around an area to take your pictures.

On the tripod I have the rubberised carrying strap, and I find that much more useful; if it's a choice between the two, get the strap rather than the bag.

Cathy

I have one of the larger Manfrotto tripods and find a bag a real pain, it's much easier to carry it in your hand or on a strap, I prefer holding it, mine's a few years old now and still in excellent condition, it's just a matter of training yourself and getting into a routine(y)

The bags are as Cathy has said just one more item to look after when your out and about, they seem a good idea but in reality :shrug:

and have the MBAG70. I keep the tripod in the bag in the boot of the car to stop it rattling around, and that's the only use I have for it. It's a pain when out and about,
Cathy

Yes, my feisol came with a bag, but it's a bit of a pain once you are using the 'pod, I bought a separate Optech tripod strap.

so maybe i should have gone for the MBAG80.the bag is very well made,and worth the £20 price tag to protect the tripod.

Blimey where did you it for £20, paid £39 for mine, anyway as has already been said, very good for protecting the tripod and head, but a pain in the bum to carry around.

Blimey where did you it for £20, paid £39 for mine, anyway as has already been said, very good for protecting the tripod and head, but a pain in the bum to carry around.

i got the MBAG70 for £20 from my local camera shop,he said he's prepared to price match web prices,and morris were doing it for £20...bargain,but like you said...a pain to carry around once the tripod is in use.

Oh i thought you where talking about the MBAG80 not the 70, i guess thats why it was a bit cheaper.

Well thank you for your advice. I was looking at the Manfrotto bags and even thought about the padded version of the 80, at £45.00. But now I may consider the strap, as Cathy and others have now made me aware of the problem of where to put the bag when out. Carrying a Slingshot 300 and the camera and the tripod and now a Tripod bag. Thought this was supposed to be a hobby not a workout :LOL:

i have the 190 XPROB and 804RC2 head,and recently bought the manfrotto MBAG70,which is supposed to take the above.in reality though,it goes in,but i cannot fully zip it up with the head attached,so maybe i should have gone for the MBAG80.the bag is very well made,and worth the £20 price tag to protect the tripod.

i would suggest you buy the MBAG80 if you want to keep the head attached,or the MBAG70 if you don't mind removing it...
really? the 190 is 53cm and the head 10cm, is it not enough?

Back