Tripod for travel use.

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm looking for a reasonably light tripod to take on my travels as my old one just decided to be a bipod.
I've looked at Jessops but new ones seem to appear every day.
I don't need anything too stable on its own because I always use the carrier bag with stones in it solution.
If you can tell me what you use when you are out and about it would be most helpful.
Maybe something around £100 is what I'm looking for.
Thanks in advance guys.

I use a manfrotto 190XProb with 486RC2 head. It fits in my suitcase (one thats big enough for a weeks holiday, not carry on size), and I have found with a shoulder strap I can carry it quite happily all day, with my camera in my large hand bag.

Hi

A good range for you to look at is the velbon ultra range. I had a maxi....

They are fab in terms of lightweight and portable. As long as you dont have too heavy a kit... I had one and it was amazing... took it to peru... nyc a few times... south africa and many weekends in the uk. It was good for what it was... but the stability was questionable at full extension... but then the full extension for such a small tripod was remarkable to... closed and with the head screwed off its only about 300mm!

That said eventually a fairly critical part in mine cracked... it was made of plastic and prob should have been a bit more durable and made out of metal... I spoke to velbon about a replacement part and was told I could not purchase one in a rather unhelpful snooty way... so sorta fell out with them and looking for a new travel tripod myself...

Think im going to go for this one... a bit bigger than the velbon... but ill trade of size for stability!

its a SILK AM340

Mark

Thanks a lot guys, all has been taken on board but maybe I'll have to up my budget and purchase two new pods, one for local work and perhaps another for foreign trips.
Any other suggestions are most welcome.
Thanks again.

Have you looked at the Camlink Pro range? I just got one (TPRPRO 24A) from Binoculars UK and the quality is very good for the price - only £45 & p&p of £7. They're £70 in Jessops just now! Total weight is about 1.8kg so not too heavy. Also the head comes off for travelling/walking which is good. Also comes with a nice padded shoulder bag and spare QR plate and tools. Amazingly enough, they're doing the bigger/better model, the TPRPRO 28A for only £41 plus p&p but it was too heavy for my use. (£90 in Jessops!)

Certainly worth a look at and Binoculars UK were a pleasure to deal with :)

stick with manfrotto it will prob last as long as you last taking pics!

stick with manfrotto it will prob last as long as you last taking pics!

Are you taking a POP at my advanced years?

Perhaps Zimmer do a frame with a Q/R head I could use? lol.

I'm still looking at the market.

Thanks for the advice mate.:LOL:

Back