Tripod Recommendations for Mamiya SB 67 ... ???

Edit My Images
No
Hi Guys 'n Gals ... :wave:

As requested HERE really ... :shrug: ... I thought a new thread may be better likely to draw responses from you eagle eyed people ... :D

Having realized now how heavy this beastie is I really don't think the brilliant 005MF4 is up to supporting the RB 67 ... :thinking:

Any recommendations from your experience would be gratefully received and considered ... ;)

:ty:

:p

Whats your budget Ven? My 'ultimate' tripod would be a Gitzo 3540XLS. So if your budget stretches that far then its certainly worth a look. :)

Whats your budget Ven? My 'ultimate' tripod would be a Gitzo 3540XLS. So if your budget stretches that far then its certainly worth a look. :)

Thanx for that MK ... (y) ... budget ... :cautious: ... never gave that much thought when I posted actually ... :shrug:

Even though it is a previously used model I guess the budget is quite an important factor though so I'd better address it ... :D ... I suppose I wouldn't want to go overboard as it is just a fancy at this stage ... ;)

I don't think you need a monster tripod Rog for the RB67. I'll be using mine on trips out with a pretty lightweight CF Gitzo Explorer. It supports the 500mm and camera no probs.

However...

When I'm using the camera around home or not far from the car I use a monster tripod - a Benbo 2. It's old and battered but it will support anything! For what you're getting, they're cheap as chips for the legs only, and once you've got used to their quirkiness, theyr'e a fantastic tripod.

I find that strange ven I used my tripod with a bronny and a 5x4 monorail and it worked fine, I'm pritty sure my tripod is the same/similar as yours a 055 proB?

Thanx for that Ally perhaps I am being a bit previous with my assumptions then ... :shrug: ... I have yet to use the Mammy as I am awaiting a delivery of 120 ... :D

I don't think you need a monster tripod Rog for the RB67. I'll be using mine on trips out with a pretty lightweight CF Gitzo Explorer. It supports the 500mm and camera no probs.

However...

When I'm using the camera around home or not far from the car I use a monster tripod - a Benbo 2. It's old and battered but it will support anything! For what you're getting, they're cheap as chips for the legs only, and once you've got used to their quirkiness, theyr'e a fantastic tripod.

Thanx Cedric ... (y) ... as you have the same Mammy then it makes sense for me to give it a go with the Manny ... :thinking: ... so it'll be heyho it's off to 'tog I go ... with my Mammy on my Manny ... :coat:

Have you used yours in anger yet ... :shrug:

Thanx for the valued input guys ... :D

.....have you used yours in anger yet ... :shrug:

It's gonna be a while unfortunately Rog, but I do have some Provia in the Eos 3 and ready to rock 'n roll with that. :woot:

It's gonna be a while unfortunately Rog, but I do have some Provia in the Eos 3 and ready to rock 'n roll with that. :woot:

Oh ... :shrug: ... planning to get mine tested with the Polaroid tomorrow ... :D

At least I will get instant feedback ... :cautious: ... maybe ... :LOL:

those tripod legs should be fine Ven as long as you've got a real head on there and not some silly trigger or ball head nonsense. ;)

Cheers Daz ... :D ... actually have the Redsnapper ball head on there and, as long as I'm careful about moving it about it locks up and holds really well ... ;)

Going to give it a whirl with the Polaroid tomorrow ... :shrug:

Oh yes ... :D ... rude not to really ... :shrug:

Not sure what it'll get after that though ... :naughty:

Depends how they turn out ... ;)

Yeah I'd worry about the head before the legs in this case. The 055's are very decent for what you have. I looked at them closely before getting my current tripod.

Thanx Condy ... (y) ... a solid investment for me then ... :D ... saves me worrying about finding another set and I think the ball head will be alright as long as I remember what I've got sitting on it ... :eek:

I have a similar set up to you Ven and it was o.k.

Bit of an arse getting a level horizon but it's rock solid once it's locked up. I reckon a 3-way head would probably be a better solution for fine tuning, but a small spirit level on the top of the camera would work just as well, if not better for getting your horizons straight.

Thanx Sprog ... (y) ... yet another bit of kit to carry then, when this one has its outings ... :LOL: ... and to think I was just going to do it by eye ... :cautious:

Back