Tripod

Edit My Images
Yes
Hey, going to buy a 400D this week and also need a tripod. I am wondering what is a good tripod for around £30ish? Not sure of the average price for tripods but both my photography mates say theres are both crap so I am wondering where I can get a good one! cheers for any help

Good tripods start at about £70+

Mediocre tripods, however, that are ideal for a beginner, start at about £20.
I have a Hama Star 63 or something, which is the Jessops 323.

I got mine second hand for £18 with a case, but I think Jessops do the 323 without the case for around £30.

I would say the Luxi F is still a good tripod. as people said it has held there 30d and 70-200 F2.8!!!!

Yep, the Luxi F IMHO is quite a good tripod, light and compact, but not so good in any kind of breeze..

Unfortunately, you're not gonna get much for £30. I used to have a Jessops 323 and didn't rate it at all, even with a 400D and kit lens. Very plasticky and weak, plus pretty slow at adjusting, due to the ratchet lever action..

There are very good ones for about £70, mentioned in Photo Plus mag a few months ago. Can't for the life of me think what the make was, but wasn't one I've heard of before. Will have a look tonight and repost, unless someone else remembers what the make and model was?

Cheers, Mark

The Slik 500 DX seems to be a more compact version of the 700, which I'm considering buying, and looks good for the money. The Velbon Luxi one seems to be 'out of print' if you know what I mean??

Back