Trying hard to resist

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
New guy on our local flea market is selling vintage collectable cameras.
Apart from many lovely goodies, "including a gold plated Leica 3f" he has a mint "Zeiss Contina", such a lovely little camera heavy as lead and quiet as a mouse, comes in a nice original case. Can't wait till next Tues. If I dont buy it he will get fed up with me stroking it.
Lots of other vintage 35mm on offer but this contina just appeals, I only wish it was the model with the interchangeable front elements. Course that could be next!

Richard you father is a true gent with excellent values.

New guy on our local flea market is selling vintage collectable cameras.
Apart from many lovely goodies, "including a gold plated Leica 3f" he has a mint "Zeiss Contina", such a lovely little camera heavy as lead and quiet as a mouse, comes in a nice original case. Can't wait till next Tues. If I dont buy it he will get fed up with me stroking it.
Lots of other vintage 35mm on offer but this contina just appeals, I only wish it was the model with the interchangeable front elements. Course that could be next!

Resistance is futile................you know that.

Sounds to me like someone has already made their mind up. :)

BTW that collection of camera on flickr is amazing - I know nothing about them but they are beautiful!

I notice you're based in Nottingham Mr DUNKS. Whereabouts is this flea market of which you speak? Might be interested in having a peak at some of these cameras myself, maybe help relieve you of some items that need resisting ;)

SORRY IT'S A SECRET!

AW! Go on then. It's Long Eaton market. and a Tues.
There is a guy who has been coming for years and who has an amazing selection of older mechanical cameras but he does miss occasionally.
Now a new guy as well with just a few specials.
I do believe they both also stand at Bulwell but I dont know what day.
If you really are interested and coming any distance PM me your tel. No and if they are there I can give you a bell
Peter.

The older guy has all sorts of stuff. I don't get time off in the week to be able to see him anymore though.

I think I might have a tuesday coming up soon though so shoud go and have a look at the new chaps stuff.

Where abouts are you then Dunks, must be pretty close to me if you visit LE market

Sawley.

Thanks but it seems I wouldn't be able to make it as I work on weekdays, unless by some chance its an evening or VERY early morning market :p

Never thought of it that way perhaps I had better move because I have certainly been tempted.
Really what I need/want is a screw lens Leica in minty nick to love and cherish.

What you really need is an m mount, plus LTM to M adapters :D

I'm in toton btw, not far from you at all

Hi I lived in Toton for years and worked at chambers packaging "now gone" most of my life.

There's basically nothing here but a load of houses now and a massive Tesco :(

You don't even get massive processions of tanks coming into the MOD base anymore

If you guys go to the flea market and get a Retina IIIc/C ( either small c or big C) for a reasonable price, I'll be very interested.

Ujjwal

What a small world, I'm in Chilwell, not far from you guys. I have seen the stall and his cameras a few times, his got a very nice collection, but not many bargains.

Hi ujjwal if I see one I will let you know. there was a bigC at auction a while ago in Notts but I could not get to bid. They are very rare. I had one for twenty years or more. lovely bit of kit.

Thanks so much Peter. I saw one the other day in a shop, lovely bit of kit indeed. He was asking over 200£ for it.....

Back