Trying something new (2)

Edit My Images
Yes
Another one from me again same style of framing different fonts and colours
again feel free to tear this one apart as out of the two I've posted this is by far the worst.

Dinton_0002_160k.jpg

Exif details
Canon 300D, Lens Sigma 70-200, ISO 100, f8, Shutter speed 1\500, focal length 70mm, Centre metering, mode full manual.

Thank you for taking the time to look (y) (y)

Silly amounts of jepg compression or something? I'm seeing blocks all over the pic :shrug:

It's only 45 kb so the compression isn't doing it any favours. It almost looks as though it's been posterised - odd effect, but I'm quite liking it... dark and spooky. :)

i prefer this to teh first one, the frame and text are ok

I like the sky in this shot, but I think the foreground needs to be a little lighter. The two lines in the water (?waves?) detract from the overall shot. It does look very dark on my monitor so I can't really make out what they are :thinking:

Mini, I think the lines in the water as you put it are the wake caused by the Duck/Goose/Swan moving through.

Cant really tell though as everyone as stated, its simply too dark.

Thought I had already responded to this one ... :thinking:

Anyway ... nothing here so ...
It is very dark ... the frame is fart oo heavy for me ... esp in black ... and the text is a bit on the small side for the overall scale ... all imo of course ... :p

This shot is possible with the help of a tripod, Photoshop and two different exposures

You need to take two or three exposures of the same scene, so a tripod is a necessity. You need to over expose the shot to keep the foreground detail and then a normal exposure for the sky.

You can then combine the images in Photoshop and blend the layers together to make one photo.

I used this technique for this shot to keep some detail in the groyne and to stop the sunset from washing out at the same time.

Whitstable.jpg

There is a good video tutorial here:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2540626951216006562

Back