Tubby the Tank engine and friends

Name
Pat
Edit My Images
Yes
Today was my first real trip out with my P&S and I took my kids to meet Tubby the talking engine and friends at the Swindon and Cricklade Railway where they rebuild steam engines etc.
Here are my efforts C&C most welcome.

drivertubby.jpg

insidecarraige.jpg

engine.jpg

reflection.jpg

station.jpg

station2bw.jpg

tubby1.jpg

tubby5bw.jpg

tubby4bw.jpg

wheels.jpg

Pat

Lovely photos :) I'm afraid I remain unconvinced about #1 and #8 being old, though... but the rest put me straight in the heyday of the engine!

#2 reminds me irresistably of the level in the Goldeneye game, 'Train'. Makes me want to run down it with an assault rifle :LOL:

and where are your kids? :LOL:

I love shotographing steam trains, especially when there is an event going on. I really like the first one but find the guy in the background a distraction. I also quite like the selective colouring. Looks like you had a good day out.

Thanks Marriane.

I have the kids in some but they are shy lol, If anyone can get rid of the guy in the 1st pic I would love it;) (the one standing thats is lol)

Pat

The empty station + the next 2 are great.
I always think preserved railway pics are a bit spoiled when they're packed with people in modern clothes. You seem to have managed to avoid that in those 3 shots and captured the atmosphere really nicely.
My dad was fireman at the GWR in Toddington and I never managed to get a shot there that I really thought represented the era.
Well done.

never one to miss anopportunity....

jester.jpg

I changed the photo from greyscale to RGB and applied the 'anvil' filter from optikverve to get the rich tones. The cloning was done very quickly as I was working on a small image. :)

Hi Pat

I really like the way you have aged the the shots your post proccessing is far better than mine next time i am at your house you will have to give me lessons No1 is my fav apart from the bloke in the background

Alan

Marriane you are a Star thank you very much(y)(y)
Thanks all for comments

Pat

Back