Tube shots

Name
Plamen
Edit My Images
Yes
Few shots from Waterloo tube station just for fun, nothing special but I rarely shoot lately so I decided to post something when I do :D I'm not completely sure this is the right section but it's not exactly transport...

tube_1 by PIPetrov, on Flickr

tube_2 by PIPetrov, on Flickr

Last edited:
two good shots, really like the first but love the movement you have captured in the second. Quality series!

I'm afraid I'm going to have to say that the first one does very little for me aside from being an illustration of depth of field. The choice of focal point seems a little random - I don't get why there, unless it was just the minimum focal distance that your lens offered.

Maybe if you'd focused on the 'W' of Waterloo it might have made a bit more sense to me.

The second is the more interesting of the pair, with the contrast between a static frame and the train moving within it. It could benefit from a level camera at a slightly lower viewpoint, so that the verticals are upright, or a little perspective correction in software. The barrel distortion rather detracts from the effect, I'm afraid. Again, I'd choose to fix that in PP.

Thanks for the input, the first one truly lacks creativity, but managing to take this without much people on the platform was a first for me :D As for the second the only PP tool that I'm using at the moment is the canon one that came with the camera and I couldn't find the barrel distortion correction there(if there's any). Using a tripod would have help greatly here as I have have few shots that are far better in terms of contrast between the frame and the moving train, but they are so tilted on one side and the distortion is quite off

Back