Tulip from Amsterdam (well - The Hague anyway!)

Name
Stewart
Edit My Images
Yes
Been playing - I dont have a proper macro lens, so this was taken using my nifty fifty with 3 close-up filters on the front...

C+C if you please!
3309418046_cc3788eda8_o.jpg

A really striking abstract photograph - the colours are great. I'd never have guessed it was a tulip though. :clap:

I love it.

Very nice (y) What exactly did you use? I'm looking for something to go with my nifty for macro shots :)

I used 3 hoya close-up filters (close up no1, close up no2 and close up no3 - found in my old camera bag alongside my old olympus gear!). These are old filters - no idea if they still make them, and no idea if they have different strengths. I suspect each filter is the same strength, so adding 3 together you get decent magnification. However, its hard to focus with them on (things get a bit soft) and you dont get much light - hence a tripod is a must... I shot at f22 to ensure most of the bowl and stamen were in focus, used light from the window.

I really want a proper macro lens - I think the results would be a lot sharper. But the close up filters are cheap so no complaints!

I'm definately gonna try a cheaper alternative to a proper macro lens first, just to make sure it's something I'm gonna enjoy. (y)

Super shot, colours put me in mind of Austen Powers for some bizarre reason ;)

Thanks all - I've not done a lot of macro but I got quite excited when this came out well :)

Fantastic shot, i'd be very proud of this. Would look great on your wall.

Back