TVR Tuscan Mk1 - yet MORE SHOTS ADDED

Name
GF
Edit My Images
No
Shot this for an owner yesterday, was my first proper paid shoot (apart from a few others ;))

Overdone location, but thre was a reflection ;)
3606560549_3f52984481.jpg

3606993330_f97dc4ba27.jpg

3604360065_443c089c63.jpg

3604360057_bb73bb8493.jpg

3606174563_1563075580.jpg

love it or hate it..
3604360031_6ab24e959c.jpg

George

I like number 3 a lot - very different angle !

People forget this is actually the 3rd time TVR used the Tuscan name - the first was introduced in the late 960s when Martin Lilley bought TVR and renamed the Griffith to the Tuscan with some minor changes. The Tuscan name was re-introduced for the 1989 one make series (the planned road version never came). It was reintroduced again for the car shown in your shots.

#1 is a great shot for the owner. As you say a little overdone at times but I think the sympathetic lighting and the reflection really adds to the shot.

#2, is the steering deliberately at an angle.

#5 is a good shot and something I hope to try soon. Possibly needed a polariser for the windscreen?

Really interested in car shots/locations/techniques as I hope to do my car some further justice.

I like what you have done.. the only thing that jumps out to me as a problem though is the bonnet badge in the reflection in #1.. maybe the reflection should be faded away to make it look less photo shopped?

Overdone or not though I do love the first pic :D
I like the view of #3 too

#1 is a classic, no 5 works for me

the moving shots though, I would have gone for a clearer view and some panning
but there is loads of lovely detail on that car, you can see from the vertical shot, which could be exploited. a real piece of design
unusual colour for a TVR, with those tyres
looks like it's trying to be a Bond Lotus

Ready for some crit George? :naughty:

1. If you use this location again I will come over to yours and slap your wrists. Saying that, because you've used it so much, you've 'got it dialled'....great shot :)

2. Doesn't work, for me at least. I think it's multiple things: Shot too wide, car too close to the hedge & it's wonky. Maybe a crop would make it look better, the car is lost in the frame. It would have worked better having the car closer to the camera, if you ask me. Lighting looks good though.

3. You know I like this one!

4. Shame about the foiliage obscuring the car. Nice pan and comp though.

5. Nice car to car but it's a bit 'so what', no real context?

6. Looks a bit grayscale to me, try upping the contrast to get more blacks and whites. Is that fake lens flare I spot?

A good set overall though!!

Ready for some crit George? :naughty:

1. If you use this location again I will come over to yours and slap your wrists. Saying that, because you've used it so much, you've 'got it dialled'....great shot :)

Sorry! The owner was on the group shoot and wanted a shot to go next to the shot of his old car...

2. Doesn't work, for me at least. I think it's multiple things: Shot too wide, car too close to the hedge & it's wonky. Maybe a crop would make it look better, the car is lost in the frame. It would have worked better having the car closer to the camera, if you ask me. Lighting looks good though.

I've got one like you described, I'll try to dig it out later

3. You know I like this one!

Cheers :)

4. Shame about the foiliage obscuring the car. Nice pan and comp though.

I was going for the look you did with the cayman ;) I've got some standard plain ones though..

5. Nice car to car but it's a bit 'so what', no real context?

agreed

6. Looks a bit grayscale to me, try upping the contrast to get more blacks and whites. Is that fake lens flare I spot?

I will up the contrast, well spotted, although some of it is real ;)

A good set overall though!!

As per George, Excellent Shots.

I love #1, #5 and #6. theres also something I like about #2. Did you do much PP?

George - on No 1, was the puddle there, or did you add it with a watering can or PP?

Nice work m8 (y)

If it's not too rude a question - what sort of fees do shoots like these attract

(pm if you wish to answer and it is a rude question)

(or just ignore if I am simply being too rude by far)

:)

DD

I was going to ask the same thing actually! :thinking:

Great shots, love #1 from the original post and #1 from "The Money shot", great set though.

Originally Posted by DiddyDave View Post
Nice work m8

If it's not too rude a question - what sort of fees do shoots like these attract

(pm if you wish to answer and it is a rude question)

(or just ignore if I am simply being too rude by far)

DD

i was going to ask the same as well :) Nice shots; favourite has to be no. 1 and the "money shot"

Last edited:
Pricing personal shoots like this is hard.

If you're scratching your head pondering about pricing, then you really have to think about whether you're really good enough to deliver what the client is asking? Are you going to deliver images that are good enough for people to pay, would you pay for it yourself......honestly? If you're in any doubt, then don't charge. Obviously, you'll not want to do this forever but the more shoots you do, the better you will get and the more your confidence will grow. Also your images will make a better impact on potential customers. Most of the time, if you agree to do a shoot for free, then the customer willl always give you a 'tip' (normally: Put a belt on, I can see your arse) and they'll always spread the word about you.

We've all done it, I still do it. I imagine all photographers shoot for free the first few times. George here, organised a shoot with a few petrol heads for free, and off of the back of this, he is now able to charge for shoots because people want his photos......it's great!

Personally, my rates always vary from shoot to shoot depending on:

1. Whether I, the photographer will benefit from the shoot: gain experience or, be shooting something rare and the client agrees to a location of your choice and shooting at one of the 2 golden hours: which will look good in portfolio.
2. What the client wants the images to look like: Is it going to be basic stuff, or do they want it in a great location with massively complex lighting and other hard situations?
3. What the client wants at the end: Do they want prints, Lo-Res images or both? Do they want Hi-Res images (which basically means selling your copyright). Do they want to use the images for anything other than personal use?

The list is endless really, but all these should affect the pricing structure.

You could make a price list offering different packages, but it's always nicer to tailor a package per client suiting their needs and how wide they're willing to open their wallet.

Obviously, this is how I do it and it is solely my opinion. I still shoot for free if I know I will benefit greatly. So, my pricing is £0.00 to £500.00+ for a personal shoot.

My style is getting more similar to his (apart from mine arn't at sunrise ;))

That's because you're too lazy...bloody students! :D

My whole summer will be dedicated to getting car shots close to as good as this, it is my mission.

Top shots. I can't imagine how hard it is getting the lines to show on a white car.

The money shot is a great location, just are the trees to dark or the sky too processed? There's something not right, could be because of the amount of shadow from the car, but I can't put my finger on it.

Keep up the good work though - I'm learning lots looking at your stuff.

Great set there, the money shot really is! With regards to the question for #6, I'm not a fan, probably the weakest of the set for me.

People forget this is actually the 3rd time TVR used the Tuscan name - the first was introduced in the late 960s when Martin Lilley bought TVR and renamed the Griffith to the Tuscan with some minor changes.

Thank you - you beat me to it - I opened this thread expecting to see a car from my youth!

For me the money shot is number 8. That is a simple composition which works well. I think your money shot has too many distractions. A lovely set though. I strive for such quality.

I really like the 1st and 2nd images in the original post, really nice. The first one would make a brilliant wallpaper for any TVR fan. I really like the 2nd one also, although I think it could be slightly better composed with more of the car showing.

#8 for me is brilliant! The small dots were a bit off putting but I wiped my monitor for you and now it's flawless (your welcome) :naughty:

Seriously though most of the pics are very professional looking and those that aren't quite spot on aren't far from it. :clap:

Very nice set! You did a good job on the lighting.

Back