Twenty second sunset

Name
Marie
Edit My Images
No
I used a six stop nd screw-in filter, with a 2 stop nd grad lee to get this twenty second exposure last night. Shot at Duntulm, Skye.

twenty_sec_sunset_lge1.jpg

Last edited:
Thats very nice indeed.
Might want to reduce the yellows just a wee tad though? They seem just a lil' bit overpowering? Might be just me. Cracking shot all the same.

Looks very good indeed - it's not you is it Marie?! :)

loving this loads thank you

Cheers

Thats very nice indeed.
Might want to reduce the yellows just a wee tad though? They seem just a lil' bit overpowering? Might be just me. Cracking shot all the same.

You could be right. I reduced the reds before posting, I might do as you suggested with the yellows ;)

Looks very good indeed - it's not you is it Marie?! :)

Yep Lee, its me. Thanks for the comment (y)

Like that a lot. (y)

Cheers (y)

Some nice colour in the sky Marie. I am also a sucker for the long exposure/ milky sea look. My only niggle is that I am not too keen on the rock on the edge of the frame, bottom right. A slight adjustment in position would have maybe removed it from the frame and IMO made it a better shot.

Some nice colour in the sky Marie. I am also a sucker for the long exposure/ milky sea look. My only niggle is that I am not too keen on the rock on the edge of the frame, bottom right. A slight adjustment in position would have maybe removed it from the frame and IMO made it a better shot.

I hear ya Strax, but I was up to my ankles in stinking wet seaweed and millions of wee red beasties/mites crawling around...so you're lucky I stayed long enough for this never mind adjusting position;)
Besides, look at the sun..I nearly missed it!

I keep going back there trying for that elusive perfect f/g and sky combo though :)

I hear ya Strax, but I was up to my ankles in stinking wet seaweed and millions of wee red beasties/mites crawling around...so you're lucky I stayed long enough for this never mind adjusting position;)
Besides, look at the sun..I nearly missed it!

I keep going back there trying for that elusive perfect f/g and sky combo though :)

only your ankles? were you not trying..:p:p

love it - great pic - just ordered my ND filter.......... just need a west coast for the sunsets.......

Great, superb texture in the water and brilliant light on the rocks in the foreground! Judging by the position of the clouds your're lucky you got any sun. (y)

Very nice capture Marie - excellent sky tones.

Back