Twin or even triple monitors...?

Edit My Images
Yes
What benefits do these set ups give?

How do people use them? As in what do you have on which monitor?

Just curious and promted by the "Show us your workspace" thread.

Chris

More screen real estate means greater scope for increasing efficiency in my opinion. I could work on two or more jobs on a single 30inch screen. 3 of those would be amazing. Some people would use one monitor to hold all the application pallets and the middle screen for the application windows. 3rd screen would be for miscellaneous applications like email, project management apps etc.

I have 2 monitors, 1 in portrait mode and 1 in landscape. This is useful for viewing images. I also keep panels on the opposite screen when editing.

I use twin monitors at work and at home. It is great as you can work with two applications in full screen at the same time.

Also, if you use lightroom then it can take advantage of the second screen by providing an alternative view.

I'd much rather have two smaller screens than one large one.

Yep I have a couple too. A 22" and a 21" both 1680 x 1050. So having a desktop that 3360 x 1050 really is amazing.

Two full screen applications running is excellent. Also having Ps on one screen with the pallets on the other is also pretty cool.

There's many ways to use the additional real estate.

For a while I had a twin monitor set up and use three-monitor editing suites for video projects

Photoshop wise two monitors isn't such a huge thing unless you're also multi-tasking/following guides, I'd prefer one big screen to two smaller ones.

But when it comes to video the more monitors the better, I love to have my Preview window on one, timeline and clip preview dead centre, and colour correcting tools off on the right

2 for me too, in normal use i have my email etc on one and the stuff i'm working on, on the other.

then with editting i have the edit on one and the tools on the other

:thinking:

so are they easy to setup.. as in i have my old monitor could that be setup with my new pc and monitor .. or do you need special software

sorry to the op but its a question i have also wanted to know....

md(y)

:thinking:

so are they easy to setup.. as in i have my old monitor could that be setup with my new pc and monitor .. or do you need special software

sorry to the op but its a question i have also wanted to know....

md(y)

I'm not sure about other graphics card makers, but the long and short of it is you need a graphics card with two monitor outputs.. I've stuck to Nvidia in the long run and it's as easy to set up as, say, changing your screen saver (built right in to the drivers).

With regards to three monitors, you'd either need something like the Matrox TripleHead2Go (which I believe makes one monitor output in to three) or two Graphics cards in SLi (Expensive stuff and I'm not sure about how it works but theoretically four monitors)

EDIT: Also just realised Matrox have released the DualHead2Go, which makes one monitor output in to two, but still keeps them independent:

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products/gxm/dh2go/

Nope, it is all set up through the operating system.

I use an external monitor with my laptop, as laptop screens are pants for colour accuracy etc. With Lightroom I use the 2nd monitor feature to get the image full screen on the external monitor and keep the controls on my laptop screen.

we have 2x22" wide screens and a 19" across two pc's - hopefully will soon upgrade to 4 x 22"

great set up

I use twin monitors at work and at home. It is great as you can work with two applications in full screen at the same time.

Also, if you use lightroom then it can take advantage of the second screen by providing an alternative view.

I'd much rather have two smaller screens than one large one.

Agreed works really well on Lightroom

I have 2 flat screens most useful for flight simulator, main view on 1, the overhead panel etc on the 2nd. also quite useful for other applications :)

Where I work we manufacture multi-screen graphics cards and although I say so myself, its pretty hard to find better.

Our focus is on video overlay over multi-screen and RGB-DVI Capture.

My workspace has 4 screens and all 4 are used fully.

I have a 2 x 24" setup and it is fantastic. So much space to work with on programmes such as Photoshop and Premiere. I don't always have both on...depends what I am doing.

..MD.. really easy to set up. No real technical knowhow required. I just open up my graphic card control centre and select the relevant monitors. Windows picks everything up automatically.

And 24"...wow. I used to have a single 22" setup. The dual setup and made things much easier on my eyes too as can have things much larger.

Highly recommended for anyone doing a lot of work with higher end software.

Back