Twisted Metal

Edit My Images
Yes
i just cant seem to get the light or colours right on this picture, i'm sure there is a picture here somewhere, but i cant find it.
abstract1.jpg

I have a another couple like this, should anyone want to play around.

Not sure what the colours are supposed to be BUT your file is saved as a gif....which might be a cause for the colour concern.

I think the blue of the sky looks artificial and the red/yellow pipes could do with a boost . I've had a play & this looks good on my TFT monitor.

abstract1.jpg

KenCo1964 said:
Not sure what the colours are supposed to be BUT your file is saved as a gif....which might be a cause for the colour concern.
i have now changed it to Jpg, but it dont seem any better. like your take it on it Mrgrubby, looks like a mono image with coloured sections.

Boon said:
i have now changed it to Jpg, but it dont seem any better. like your take it on it Mrgrubby, looks like a mono image with coloured sections.
you need to save the image as a jpg to start with. saving it as a gif introduced the pixellation (sp?- is it even a word?) so changing it back will not remove it if you follow.

i think the sky is fine, colours maybe just a little too saturated. i regularly get skies that colour using a polairiser, infact looking out my window i would get it today probably. just my opinion ;)

thanks for the tip noah, i follow you. I didn't realize it was set to gif before saving it. The original picture is very dark, so the sky is much darker. I might just be better in mono, but with pices coloured in, dunno.

I think you have the makings of a great shot Stev - that mess of metal with really rich colours (I assume ?) would look really good against a deep blue sky ... poss with some fluffies ?

i agree Ven, it will take some more tweaking , but i think its in there.
thanks for the comments by the way.

Know what you need to do with this one? Start again.

I see the original image is now JPG but it appears you've converted your existing GIF to JPG rather than starting over with the original image. Therefore what you've essentially got is a 256-colour image thats been converted back to 16-bit colour - but it still only has 256 colours in it.

You've also still got evident dithering which was put there when you converted to GIF format in the first place (this is done to give the illusion that there's more colours present than actually there is).

For me it would be quite a nice shot if you got the colour balance like this from the original image, and not from a GIF.

[edit] Why are people calling them 'pipes'?? Thats a rollercoaster track, surely?

I'd go with what Gfk says - you have basically got too little to work with in the colour department if you started with a gif and now wish to use a format with a higher colour depth.
The foundation of the image looks good but its definately got a colourized BW film look that degrades the shot, and theres no easy way fix that.

If possible start afresh with atleast a JPG.

GfK said:
Know what you need to do with this one? Start again.

[edit] Why are people calling them 'pipes'?? Thats a rollercoaster track, surely?

I agree GFK, i will go back to route one, and re-do the photo again, i will get the picture out.
And yes, it is a roller coaster track.

I liked the blue sky in the original. If you could just get better saturation in the girders..... Did you use a polariser?

hi CT
yes i did use a polariser, but the overall picture is very dark, i will post a couple of other photos i have of the coaster ride, loads of twisted metal.

Back