Twisted tree (revisited and in colour)

Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
I know you guys are probably sick of this one but went back to shoot it again. I wasn't happy with the colour version last time and could only process for B/W (but stll poor). I am a lot happier this time but still think I need to go back when the light is better, What do you think.
Border for Ribby;)
Comments, thoughts and ideas greatly appreciated.

twistedtreecopy5po.jpg

3 exposures
@ f8
Iso 100,
1/15 sec,
1/60 sec,
1/250 sec,
18- 55 kit lens @ 18mm with ND grad (Full).
Thanks.
Ken.

cracking shot ken, i wouldn't say no to this hanging in my room.

ps has the grad filter make the top of the hills dark

As mentioned - good shot, like the colour at ground level aswell as the moody and stormy skies. Really makes the tree stand out - as if it didnt already;)
Not so sure about the flash of light blue just above the horizon though - dont know if it fits as it seems to take a bit of attention away from the tree.

Not so sure on the frame though - doesnt seem to fit for me.

Great shot:thumb:

Now that really is the dog's b***ocks. Love it.:thumb:

Thanks guy's, Maybe in another 6 months or so I'll go back and hopefully do an even better job. :hand: :)
Boon said:
has the grad filter make the top of the hills dark
If you mean on the left....that is actually a cliff face. The NDgrad I used is a full grad, rather than stopping half way down the filter.
GFK said:
Now that really is the dog's b***ocks. Love it.
I never thought I'd see the day:D ....Thanks GFK, I appreciate that.
Thanks again.
Ken.

Have to say this is a corker Ken ... really like the composition, colours and general atmosphere generated !

Slight concern, as Warspite is the bit of turquoise/blue sky level with the tree - very minor detail in an otherwise, for me anyway excellent pic !

TFS ...

Normal service resumed ;) Cracking shot :)

Like it, good shot well taken, almost looks like you got wet taking it.

The only thing i will say as i'm sitting here holding pieces of card to my screen is maybe it would work a little better if you crop it... Maybe if you take the bottom up by (as i look at it on my screen) about an inch, which i guess is about a little over a quarter of the pics height. And maybe just a wee fraction off the left but not so important for me to crop the side.

I feel the image would get away with this as both sides of the horizon will be starting more or less on the thirds line (still) but it will help to draw you into the tree with out losing you down the stream, because the current at that point in the stream will act as a barrier for your eye......imoh!

Good shot tho and like it as is!

Lovely shot Ken. I remember the earlier version, but this one is really nice.:thumb:

Do you have to take these 3 exposures off a tripod or does Photomatix handle aligning the layers? :ponders:

CT said:
Lovely shot Ken. I remember the earlier version, but this one is really nice.:thumb:

Do you have to take these 3 exposures off a tripod or does Photomatix handle aligning the layers? :ponders:
Thanks CT, I think it can align for you although I used a tripod here and any time I take multiple exposures...just to be on the safe side.

Just brilliant Ken.

After viewing your gallery you really must give us a detailed tutorial on your processing.:thumb:

Thanks P-E and sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this, been busy gearing up for a stag weekend in Edinburgh.....What a weekend and, the people in Edinburgh are very friendly indeed! Thanks!
As for the processing, pretty much what I normally would use but varying the amounts is pretty much the only difference..... Before I'd normally just give each pic the same treatment, now I process each as a different pic with varying amounts and even missing some of my previous procedure altogether.
Thanks again for the comments.
Ken.

I like that m8y. Very nice shot. And the border is much better :)

what an excellent shot, i almost thought it was a painting till i looked closer, great stuff. Tell me you were not the stag party with "superman " tshirts on around Edinburgh on Friday night lol, we nearly knocked one of you down with the artic if it was lol.

Cheers for the comments, Barry not hard enough to be wearing t-shirts around Edinburgh, it was freezing!

Back