Two first's for me - magpie and wagtail

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Stopped for lunch in Southwold today - I know it is a hard life :naughty: - and whilst sitting quietly a couple of visitors apeared.

Magpie:

4371069222_a9a399c18b.jpg

And a Wagtail I believe (please let me know if I am wrong):

4370321711_8e170f67de.jpg

Larger versions are on my Flickr page. The focus is very slightly off in the Wagtail but as a first capture I am quite pleased. The anlgles are not great either as I was leaning out of the car window and trying not to scare them of :thinking:

As always C&C very welcome.

Thanks for looking (y)

Yep Pied Wagtail ... which are quite tolerant of people, provided you keep still they will happily carry on about their business.

You have caught the colours in the Magpie well.

Couple of nice shots (y)

Certainly is a Pied wagtail , your right to be quite pleased, reasonable captures for hanging out of car window

Yep Pied Wagtail ... which are quite tolerant of people, provided you keep still they will happily carry on about their business.

You have caught the colours in the Magpie well.

Couple of nice shots (y)

Thanks for that Martyn - I am really pleased with them even though the background is not great they have come out well - glad I shoot in RAW though (y)

Certainly is a Pied wagtail , your right to be quite pleased, reasonable captures for hanging out of car window

Thanks Simon - had to avoid the cup of coffee on the dashboard as well :LOL:

Nice set Nick - like the DoF in the Wagtail shot.

Nice set Nick - like the DoF in the Wagtail shot.

Thanks Tom -more by luck than judgement i'm afraid with this one but sometimes that is enough :thinking:

Two good captures Nick and as Martyn mentioned you have retained the colours and exposed really well on the Magpie without blowing the highlights (y) The tall grass works well as a backdrop as opposed to just being on grass, I would only want for a larger image though :D

Two good captures Nick and as Martyn mentioned you have retained the colours and exposed really well on the Magpie without blowing the highlights (y) The tall grass works well as a backdrop as opposed to just being on grass, I would only want for a larger image though :D

Thanks Rich, I am really pleased with the Magpie - I seem to be getting badgered on here for 800 pixel photos rather than Flickr links - may have to look into that.

Thanks Rich, I am really pleased with the Magpie - I seem to be getting badgered on here for 800 pixel photos rather than Flickr links - may have to look into that.

:LOL::LOL: Nothing personal Nick, more a case of us old uns are losing our vison :D

:LOL::LOL: Nothing personal Nick, more a case of us old uns are losing our vison :D

You may be classing yourself as an old un but you have a fine vintage of a day in March - same as me (y)

Lovely birds Magpies, being a toon fan i would say that of course. (y) as stated well done on the exposure :clap:

Back