Two Firsts!

Name
David Thomas
Edit My Images
Yes
First outing with the new Sigma 28-70 f2.8 EX DG which I managed to get for $250, and first time having a go in a studio. Really pleased with the lens and pleased I've managed to learn so many lessons for next time in a studio so hopefully I'll make a better stab at it! Here's a few for C&C please, see if my self critique is going in the right direction ;)

2481389571_649c88eebe.jpg

2481388629_a511ac4f2a.jpg

2482199586_7b9e516919.jpg

2481386133_0e3a972258_b.jpg

That was on 45mm looking at the exif. No C&C guys? Was hoping to get some feedback with all the studio experience on here...

first shot looks spot on as regards to colours. Im no expert, but im using the black forum skin and there is no visual difference between the background of the photo and the black of the skin.

I'd be very careful doing headshots at 45mm, looks like the beginnings of some distortion there.

Lighting all looks pretty good to my untrained eye, though perhaps a hairlight could've added a bit of separation in #1. Models both look nice and relaxed, and that's no mean feat in itself. (y)

noted, thanks. 1 was a single light with a reflector and didn't get as much highlights in the hair as I'd have liked. It was really hard to see in the LCD and not helped by her dark hair. Might have to take the laptop next time!

That sounds like a good idea. I just did a few portraits on Sunday, (outdoors not studio) and while the LCD is handy, I barely looked at it after the first two shots. You really can't trust them IMO.

I've taken the Macbook in the past if I know I'm going to have more time. Very handy for reassuring yourself, and can help put the client / model at ease if they can see good results popping up on the screen.

Back