Two from Texas

B

Brand X

Hello everyone! This is my first post here. I happened upon this site by way of link in another forum – looks fun.

Here are two photos taken a few days ago while traveling the back highways of Texas. This highway traverses many small farming communities.

54423696._MG_9256.jpg

54423749._MG_9263.jpg

Hello and Welcome:clap:

Great shots, like the second alot - has a great perspective with regard to how all the lines in the image seem to be pulling you into the image, nice colour aswell:thumb:

Great pics:)

Hello :)

I like them both.

Not sure the grain silos (?) on the left look tall enough for the amount of perspective effect on them, so it may look even better with a bit of editing.

Both great shots but No1 for me, very haunting feel to it, the second shot is great too but i see that vertical issues you all talk about, the silo and the group of silos at each side are leaning in slightly.

I think they are both fantastic, welcome to the forums Brand X :)

Great shots and good use of available light and colour in the second shot. Perfectly timed with the sunlight at that angle.
All you needed for a really, really great shot was a puff of wind to flutter the flag a little.

Oh and a big welcome to our new friend from the Colonies :D .

I like both, although, its a pity about that whacking great shadow on the ground in the second pic.

Hi, and a big welcome to the forums. My favourite has to be the first pic. I love the colours, and the shadows give the image lots of texture.

Welcome. Nice to have a member from the Lone Star State. No steers and queers jokes. :finger1: :D

Great to see a new member posting pics within our site limits but you can go up to 160kb in file size and these two excellent shots would display here even better.

wow fantastic efforts, i prefer the first, the light and feel are great, second is also very good! Well done!!

Colonies, Steers, Queers ... :laugh1: You guys are a hoot!

Thanks to all for the kind words and reception.

Arkady said:
Great shots and good use of available light and colour in the second shot. Perfectly timed with the sunlight at that angle.
All you needed for a really, really great shot was a puff of wind to flutter the flag a little.

Oh and a big welcome to our new friend from the Colonies :D .

I agree, some wind would have been very nice, but unfortunately it was dead calm.

Nice shots mate, welcome to the forums :)

welcome to the forums, and a nice 2 shots to start with :)

Love the second, first's a little bit dark but nice nonetheless :)

Back