Two more cuties

Name
Janice
Edit My Images
Yes
I've never taken photos of children before, these are the 2 little sisters of my son's girlfriend.
We were just at a bbq, so quite impromptu.

Amelia.jpg

Daniella.jpg

Excellent, and you're right, they are cuties. I'm sure the parents will be wanting copies.

Two lovely shots Janice, particularly the second one. Why oh why didn't you turn the camera to portrait format? :thinking:

Mom and dad would definitely want to frame that 2nd one I reckon. Just a suggested crop Janice. :)

Daniella2.jpg

If you had any framing difficulties with this one you could always crop a little tighter on the left.

that looks much better! The thing is, because Ive never done portraits, I was all of a fumble....didnt get the settings right and didnt take much notice of composition. The little one had just stopped crying actually so I took it quick.
I print at home so they are usually cropped to fit A4.

But I will reprint your crop I think (y)

hehe... you know what they say about working with kids and animals. :D

Mum and dad will love those.

They are lovely. I like the way the light has caught the golden highlights in their hair too.

Brush up on technique and you will be producing corkers here too ... these are two really good ones to start with Janice ... (y)

Shoulda lost the bench perhaps ... by getting down to their level a bit more ... imo ... :p

TFS ...

gorgeous shots, you have got perfect eye contact in the first shot, which is the main thing that I try and aim for with children, the other thing I do is to just watch them playing a while, and not get them to pose for the camera, just make a noise so they look up and click! CT's crop works well with the second one. The detail and light is excellent too :)

Thanks guys. I decided to crop quite a lot and print out with a mount included. The mounts are a light cream with a slight canvas effect.
My husband actually said this morning "Those photos of the girls are fantastic" he has NEVER said a word about any of my photos before, so that is praise indeed!!

Amelia1.jpg

Daniella1.jpg

Back