Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Another couple from Marwell last Sunday, both shot through glass:

1. Serval

Ocelot_800.jpg

2. Snow Leopard

snowie-800.jpg

The cats were rather lethargic in the heat unfortunately....

Thanks,
Stevve

Last edited:
The serval is an excellent shot. Have you used USM in postprocess? I like the effect, but it might be a little 'crisp' for some.

The leopard's eyes need lightening and the nose isn't in apparent focus, which detracts from the shot - is the focus point is on the forehead so the available DoF has allowed the ears to be the sharpest point of the frame, or is it a blemish on the glass?

So, number 1 for me. Lovely shot.

Thanks Dan,

My standard sharpening technique is USM, although I tend not to over do it. The wire fence was quite harsh, so I had to add to the blur a little to stop it being so distracting.

Focusing on the Snowie wasn't easy as it was through glass, and he kept moving his head. His eyes were in the shadows, and when I exposed to keep them bright, his body was over exposed, so I lightened the eyes in processing.

The Serval pic will probably end up on my wall along with a few other cats I have done. I love cats... :love:

Steve

Loving the Serval :) beautiful shot

The Serval shot is very good, i know how difficult the enclosure is to shoot through at Marwell too. My only crit and i am being picky is chopping off the left ear.

Back