Two Steamers in the snow

Name
chris
Edit My Images
Yes
A bit murky ,but great chance to see and photograph Steam Trains in the snow.

blackandwhitetrainwtmk.jpg

colourtrainwtmk.jpg

20100110_severnvalley_9279wtmk.jpg

Last edited:
not sure about #1
but #2 is an absolute classsic picture! :clap:(y)

Its number 2 for me.(y)
looking to do some of this work this coming year....

I was quite worried what I would see on this thread to be honest. Excellent set (y)

Blimey Pons, never had you down as a steam fanatic aswell!!! They do look very special though. Really like the second one mate, just a shame you chopped the steam cloud off a touch, but thats me being my usuall picky self!!! Well done buddy. Hope to see you soon.

Thank you folks,great subjects to photograph.

Did quite a bit in the summer last year,even diesels,which is often a dirty word amongst railway togs.
Very ,friendly enthusiastic bunch,not so precious as some of the other togs we know Ben.:)

Back this weekend for another go,Sunday is meant to be a good light day.

Last edited:
Manual is the way to go with steam trains Chris, you've lost a lot of the shadow detail in the second one and also cut the top off the exhaust cloud, but not bad for a virgin! :LOL:

If you're going this weekend then pick more scenic spots, preferably on a climb where the loco will be working, that way you're guaranteed plenty of exhaust.

Check out STREETMAP for adjacent footpaths and download the timetable, it's all about planning.

Oh and avoid stations, they're for lazy photographers! ;)

I look forward to more from you.

Really appreciated Swiss Toni,was more of opportunistic shoot whilst on my work travels,and will have my proper head on this weekend.
Thanks for the advice,will put it into practice .
Regards,
Pons

Thankyou very much for the comments,always appreciated.

Cannot wait to get back this weekend with better glass ,body an hopefully brighter light.

Pons

#2's definitely the pick of the bunch there, well done. Where was this by the way?

#2's definitely the pick of the bunch there, well done. Where was this by the way?

Hi Dave,
Was Severn Valley Railway from public spot,though lineside passes are available.
Thanks ,
Pons

Thanks gents for your kind comments,I was thrilled to get the shots of steam trains in the snow ,saw a shot on a postcard in the summer from West Somerset line which I bought ,so chuffed to get my version.

Last edited:
Back