Two Very Different Pictures

Edit My Images
Yes
The first is of my son playing at the park. I tend to go for artsy shots, even in my portraiture. Shot as taken with a little ol' Nikon D40x. I welcome criticize, but do keep in mind I am a novice. ;)

3023366621_6780183e0e.jpg

The next one pretty much speaks for it's self. Slightly desaturated to soften the colour.

3024196560_073939d784.jpg

First shot, I like the fact that the focus point is on the frame/boots and the crop/composition is spot on.

Second shot, too tightly cropped for me. Lovely tender subject matter but cut off in the wrong places. I would have preferred a tighter crop at the top and more room at the bottom, (cropped eye included).

Welcome to TP, I look forward to seeing more of your work (y)

I do prefer #2 but would have liked all the lower face which is far too lovely to have a part missing. Great idea focussing on the boots in #1. Welcome.

Something different in #1(y)

I agree about the tight cropping in #2 and for me the colour seems a bit unnatural.

You want to be careful. Too much of number two leads to too many of number 1! ;)

Love the first shot. The colours and composition are great, and it's good to see something different in the way you've chosen the boots as the main focus point.

As others have said above me, I think the second is too tight a crop to really work, but the concept is a good one. The colours are a little too "orange" for me too. Maybe adjust the white balance a little to cool it down a touch?

Thanks for the comments! My son is one of my favourite subjects because he is so photogenic.

As for the last, I agree that it could have been a better shot, but it was a "sneaky candid" shot in extremely low tungsten lighting. I had only one shot, and that is what I captured, it wasn't cropped afterward. If anyone has tips on colour correction, I would appreciate them. I am a novice with the editing process.

Back