Tynemouth Lifeboat Day 2005

Edit My Images
No
Some pics from the Air Sea Rescue display during todays Tynemouth Lifeboat Day.

26836380-O.jpg

26836372-O.jpg

26836390-O.jpg

26836379-O.jpg

26836370-O.jpg

26836384-O.jpg

Some more here

pretty good stuff, i especially like the close up of the helichopper with the winchman

I really like the last shot, all the detail of the heat haze being produced by the engine really makes this for me. It shows how powerful and hard the engines work in helicopters. Great subject, well captured.

All very good but 2 & 3 for me. the guy in the water and the gulls watching. Also the 2 being winched are very sharp and the haze off the roof behind.
I need to get down the coast.

Thanks for the comments folks :)

Ken, It's the tall ships race in a few weeks so I'm sure you'll be taking advantage of the opportunities.

Adrian I have just looked at these shots again and something occurred to me about the second picture. It looks a little dull and hazy by comparison to the others shown here. A little while ago Matt offered me some advice which I feel would also be very useful for this picture now..

I would apply unsharp mask at 20,30,0 to remove the digital haze

Maybe worth a try for the few minutes it would take?

Steve said:
Adrian I have just looked at these shots again and something occurred to me about the second picture. It looks a little dull and hazy by comparison to the others shown here. A little while ago Matt offered me some advice which I feel would also be very useful for this picture now..

Maybe worth a try for the few minutes it would take?

:) - already applied a heft dose of unsharp mask on the lightness channel in Lab colour mode. Trouble is, it's not digital haze, it's fine spray - the helo was only about 50 feet above the swimmer.

Adrian said:
Thanks for the comments folks :)

Ken, It's the tall ships race in a few weeks so I'm sure you'll be taking advantage of the opportunities.
Yes trying to plan a day trip then, have been aware of the tall ships for a while now. Need to get close as i've only the 18-55 lens but gonna try for the shots anyway. Went last time this was on a few years ago now but wasn't into photography then. Any ideas on vantage points?
Steve is right about pic 2 (a little soft) but i like the effect.
Ken.

Adrian said:
:) - already applied a heft dose of unsharp mask on the lightness channel in Lab colour mode. Trouble is, it's not digital haze, it's fine spray - the helo was only about 50 feet above the swimmer.

No problem Adrian, worth the few keystrokes it took me if it had helped :)

KenCo1964 said:
Yes trying to plan a day trip then, have been aware of the tall ships for a while now. Need to get close as i've only the 18-55 lens but gonna try for the shots anyway. Went last time this was on a few years ago now but wasn't into photography then. Any ideas on vantage points?
Steve is right about pic 2 (a little soft) but i like the effect.
Ken.

I've been up and down the river on my bike looking for unusual vantage points but most of them aren't that good. The best opportunities IMO are going to be when the ships are arriving and leaving the river (Parade of Sail)at Tynemouth and to get the best backdrop (Tynemouth Priory & Castle) I think I'll be positioned where I went for the Lifeboat Day, on Harbour View by the new flats. At other times I think it's going to be mayhem so I'll be out and about very early and very late.

Adrian said:
I've been up and down the river on my bike looking for unusual vantage points but most of them aren't that good. The best opportunities IMO are going to be when the ships are arriving and leaving the river (Parade of Sail)at Tynemouth and to get the best backdrop (Tynemouth Priory & Castle) I think I'll be positioned where I went for the Lifeboat Day, on Harbour View by the new flats. At other times I think it's going to be mayhem so I'll be out and about very early and very late.
Think my biggest prob even more than the lens issue will be finding a parking space, was absolutely packed last time.

Back