Tynemouth Lighthouse - Handheld On A Dull Day

Name
April 2008
Edit My Images
No
Went up the coast a bit over half term. It's the first time I've been north of Hartlepool except for the Sunderland Airshow and Holy Island last summer, and I have to say there's some pretty impressive coastline within a short drive of home! Something to keep me off the streets in the summer! :woot:

Back to this...

Had the family in tow, so the shot was handheld on a pretty crappy day. Did a little work on the sky, but tried not to overcook things at all. Thoughts and comments most appreciated please. Be honest! If it's crap tell me, and likewise a quick thumbsup always makes me smile.

A always now, click on the image for a 1200px version on my Flickr!

Thanks for looking! :)

WOW, i really like that, it just seems to work so well as a photo and leads your eye straight to the lighthouse. Also has great texture and colour. Well done

Love this image its one I would put up on the wall (y)(y)

although the smaller image doesnt really do it justice, it has to be viewed in the large format from your flickr

oh and I am lucky enough to live within walking distance of this place

Last edited:
Im just not sure about the first 0.5m not being in focus... but I know it would probably have been impossible to achieve a small enough apature and hand hold to do this... I just think the same image but with the full foreground in focus would look better...

probably being over critical there... it was just what struck me... love the overall image though

(y) I like it :)

yep, another vote for this one.

I'm back up in the NE this weekend, weather (and time) permitting I may try to recreate this one myself :)

St Mary's lighthouse, further along to Whitley Bay is another great shot, many a photo taken there over the years before I moved south :(

i have this exact same photo... ill put it up when i get home from work...

Please don't take this the wrong way, but would appreciate it in a seperate thread to keep this one clean.

it just seems to work so well

it has to be viewed in the large format

I really think it works

I like it

another vote

Many thanks everyone. Have to say, it's probably my favourite shot that I've taken so far this year.

Im just not sure about the first 0.5m not being in focus...

I know exactly what you mean. Half of me quite likes it because it's almost like it's disappearing behind you. The other half of me says it would be better in focus. I'm sure I'll pop back and have another go in the coming months/years.

great pic there.. and it is just up the road from me ....

Back