Critique Tynemouth Pier

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
This ones from last year, i had a wander along the pier just before sunset.

Some lovely pastel tones in the sky.

All comments welcomed good or bad

Thanks

Nick

---------

- Corrected the CA
- A little distortion control as the lighthouse looks a bit squashed on the first one
- Balanced the Sky
- Cloned out a few little dust spots above the horizon

Portrait Crop

:)

Last edited:
Did you take this low down. The wall on the left leads my eyes away from the lighthouse itself across the horizon to the bit of land on the right, higher position or further back may have helped this a bit.
Overall a nice exposure with great natural looking colours

At the risk of sounding like a stuck record (I've just had an in-depth discussion of CA elsewhere on these forums), I'd prefer it if the CA was removed, I'm seeing the left edge of the lighthouse with a cyan glow. The magenta on the right doesn't stand out as much.

Otherwise, a nice example of winter-ish light. Personally I'd be tempted to vignette the left sky to match the darkening on the right side. Did you use a polariser?

Its a nice image, well exposed and a great subject that I suspect is hard to get a good angle on, but I cant help but think that it would work better in portrait using the outer edge of the pathway to guide my eye to the lighthouse.
The colours in the sky are great, but there's just too much "Nothingness" for me. Also, there is bad red and cyan CA on teh lighthouse that could do with correcting.

I agree with the above. The CA needs correcting. Portrait would work well here, could be worth cropping it to a portrait format and posting up for comparison. Lovely tones and all well exposed etc.

Portrait might work but you could may loose the nice colure in the sky to the right. The sky directly behind the lighthouse is a bit boring in comparison. I like it, and wouldn't change much. Often loads of people fishing down that end so nice when you get a clear shot.

Back