Typical Wales, HDR

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
Yes
This is a shot looking across the Welsh valley towards what I am lead to beleive is Llanberiss Pass...maybe someone can help me?

Anyway, a hdr from 3 exposures tone mapped in Photomatix

typically-welsh-hdr.jpg

Lovely shot - HDR is not really my thing, but this has turned out well (y) Much better than the thread title suggested - I expected to see a photo of a puddle with rain clouds reflected in it :LOL:

great HDR looks just right not overcooked

Thanks for looking and commenting :)

I couldn't work out why the top right was blown out so much, and couldn't find any solution I was happy with lol.

It's a hdr from 3 exposures of the same image, I can dig out the original before any changes were made to exposures, and also to show whay a single shot wouldn't work very well, I tried a few times even with layer masks for the sky...

What's with the peeing down thing in Wales, :) I'll have you know, I'm in the middle of a B-B-Q in 75 degree heat! More shrimps please!

That's because I'm not there then - not been to Wales often, but it rains every time I go

And, don't take this wrong... but... I think you're telling porkies re BBQ and heat!

:shake::shake::shake:

DD

That's because I'm not there then - not been to Wales often, but it rains every time I go

And, don't take this wrong... but... I think you're telling porkies re BBQ and heat!

:shake::shake::shake:

DD

Fair Play - bit like Manchester for me, where the wifes family is from... Anyhow back on topic !

Would love to see one of the originals for comparison !

lovely shot. hope you dony mind, I had a play with the sky, was a little too blue for me

walesaw6.jpg

sky doesnt look so blown now :)

I love it (apart from the blown bit) but then I really do love HDR, think it appeals to my colourblindness for some strange reason.

Got to be careful about what you say re Wales. I work for a high street bank and one of our trainers was running a course in Wales. When introducing himself he said some quip about it always raining in Wales. Some Welsh person with a sense of humour failure took a dislike to this comment (even if it is true! ;) ) and took out a grievance against him.

This is a shot looking across the Welsh valley towards what I am lead to believe is Llanberis Pass...maybe someone can help me?

Anyway, a hdr from 3 exposures tone mapped in Photomatix

typically-welsh-hdr.jpg

Nice effective picture - that is looking down the Nant Gwynant pass to to Lake Gwynant - turn right up the hill @ 2 miles and you'll then come to Llanberis pass and Snowdon. I blast up there on my Hayabusa regularly (y)

Ah thanks Steve, I knew someone would recognise it as it's a popular location for bikers like yourself, as it the Horseshoe Pass.

I aim to get back up there this year, so will be taking more shots and looking for improve ;)

Nice effort Dan, I like the blue in your version, looks good. The lesser blown out area works well too ;)

By 'typical wales' I myself meant it being a nice windy road, good mountain rolling hills and a lake ;)

Back