Beginner TZ70 gone wrong already, can you advise me please?

Name
Aura
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm really fed up at the moment. I have only just upgraded my SLR, now my compact camera is trying to pack up and I only bought it last year. I carry my compact everywhere I go because it's easy to carry in a bag, I do seascapes.

This morning the zoom seemed a bit laggy so I took it to Castle cameras to get it checked out, they said it sounded like some sand had got stuck in the motor. I have taken it to Bournemouth seafront to photograph boats and some beach photography, but it's only recently this has happened.

The guy said he would try to clean it but he said it didn't look hopeful and Panasonic which most liky charge me £300 (double the amount i paid for it new) I am now stuck with the possiblity of not having a compact again a year after buying it. Is there a bag thing I can put on it to protect it please?

I don't seem to have much luck with cameras do I?

That is really bad luck... However, is it not under some for of warranty still? I think Panasonic were doing a thing where you got a 2 year warranty? Paying £300 would not be wise IMBHO

if I go to the beach with camera and lens that are not sealed then I all ways take pictures with the wind behind me, also check your warranty, you might be able to have it changed for a new one, good luck.

That is really bad luck... However, is it not under some for of warranty still? I think Panasonic were doing a thing where you got a 2 year warranty? Paying £300 would not be wise IMBHO

I checked my details and have only had the camera since the beginning of June, so I'm hoping it will still (or should be) under warrenty. How long is that with Panasonic? I hope they can sort this problem out. I seemed to be dogged with bad luck. I'm never taking it to the beach again.

I checked my details and have only had the camera since the beginning of June, so I'm hoping it will still (or should be) under warrenty. How long is that with Panasonic? I hope they can sort this problem out. I seemed to be dogged with bad luck. I'm never taking it to the beach again.

Very unfortunate,great camera though I have one myself,only ever took to the beach once though!

Someone else has told me that Panasonic might refuse to adhere to the warrenty!

A warranty normally covers failure due to a manufacturing/part defect, not accidental damage caused by sand getting into the camera, unless it's specifically 'warranted' against this sort of thing. My wife has a TZ9 - an earlier incarnation of your camera, and I'm pretty sure this isn't the case but it's worth a try. If Panasonic won't play, do you have householder's insurance with an all risks extension for personal goods (clothing, sports gear, jewellery, cameras etc) which are commonly taken out of the home?

Back