andrew748

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
:bang::bonk::wacky:

i have no idea, i can't explain it

but here goes

@11.30 ish check the exif

a completely silent round orange glow that flickers like a flame followed by another 20 seconds later on exactly the same tradjectory, starting at the southern horizon and headin north over the house.
clear skies no trails so not a meteor.

100% crops

9433094-md.jpg

9433095-md.jpg

9433096-lg.jpg

and yes i have been drinking ;)

If you have no idea what it was then indeed its an "unidentified flying object" (y)
could be a balloon as said, maybe a "Chinese lantern" that are starting to get very popular?

that looks familiar... :thinking: Oh yes, it's my ex's mouth - big and often seen spewing forth flames :D

oh alright, it's a hot air balloon then!

i have travelled in a hot air balloon, and it wasn't one of those, Balloons tend to be slower and very noisy when the burners are going the orange glow did fluctuate but was also very bright and 8 nocturnal balloonists following the same trajectory across the sky?

this is quite interesting

18/10/2007. Yeovil, Somerset. A Special Constable, PC STEPHEN MAINS and a regular PC observed a single bright orange light moving over the town centre. The object then stopped and began to become brighter and then began to climb higher into the sky until it disappeared from view. There appeared to be no noise associated with the object. The duration of the sighting was approximately 3 minutes. UFO CLASSIFICATION – NL (NOCTURNAL LIGHT). On Duty sighting. 2 Officers. Source: The PRUFOS Police Database.

http://prufospolicedatabase.co.uk/4.html

That last pic definitely shows it is a Chinese Lantern :LOL:

yep, panic over,after youtubing i'm sold on the Chinese lantern theory.

Thanks, i can cancel the evacuation to the hills and sleep sound now :D

But why assume that it's a Chinese lantern? It could be a Venusian lantern, Alpha Centauri, or even the popular Rigel 5 lantern.

hehe
My sister thinks she saw something like this, often a reasonable explaination...
if they come down and ask for directions...well it means two things.
Aliens are here!! and all the pilots are female.

reminds me of this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7489457.stm
BBC wales said:
A recording of the call has been released as part of a police campaign asking people to use 999 appropriately.

The Control Room conversation, which took place in May, was recorded - and below is a transcript:

Control Room: "South Wales Police, what's your emergency?"

Caller: "It's not really. I just need to inform you that across the mountain there's a bright stationary object."

Control room: "Right."

Caller: "If you've got a couple of minutes perhaps you could find out what it is? It's been there at least half an hour and it's still there."

Control: "It's been there for half an hour. Right. Is it actually on the mountain or in the sky?"

Caller: "It's in the air."

Control: "I will send someone up there now to check it out."

Caller: "OK."

The mystery was soon solved, as the exchange between control and an officer at the scene, makes clear.

Control: "Alpha Zulu 20, this object in the sky, did anyone have a look at it?"

Officer: "Yes, it's the moon. Over."

hehe
My sister thinks she saw something like this, often a reasonable explaination...
if they come down and ask for directions...well it means two things.
Aliens are here!! and all the pilots are female.

reminds me of this
Control: "Alpha Zulu 20, this object in the sky, did anyone have a look at it?"

Officer: "Yes, it's the moon. Over."

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I took this photo last summer. It was one of 4 photos taken over about 5 minutes. It appears in 3 of the photos, but not the first one.

IMG_1724.jpg

ufo.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is far to sensible:p

There is no need to discriminate against aliens just cos they use lanterns rather than flying saucers ;)

Back