UHS I vs UHS II SD cards

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
No
Hi guys, quick question. Is there a difference in performance between a UHS I SD card that's rated at 95mb/s and a UHS II card rated at the same speed ?

I've just purchased two Sandisk Extreme Pro 128GB 95 mb/s cards from Amazon Germany (at an offer price). They were fulfilled by Amazon themselves and came it genuine Sandisk sealed boxes with all right paperwork etc, and it had the voucher in the box for the Sandisk Rescue Pro Deluxe (which I downloaded and the registration key supplied works just fine to register the software on line), so I guess they are genuine.

It's just that they seems a bit slower than my other 32gb and 64gb Extreme Pro cards. What's the best way of testing the speed please ?

Are they definitely uhs-ii cards? I didn’t think there were any ups-ii cards that are 95mb/s, the ones I know of are 280mb/s and 300mb/s. The easy way to tell the two apart are uhs-I cards have one row of contacts on the back and uhs-ii cards have two rows of contacts.

I have the uhs-I 95mb/s and uhs-II cards in my camera and performance wise there is a big difference between the two.

What camera do you have? Is it conpatible with uhs-ii cards (does it have uhs-ii card slots?).

No, they are UHS I cards (I knew that when I purchased them) - only a single row of contacts on the back.

The camera (Panasonic G9) works fine with them, but it just seems like it take just a little longer to write to the camera when comparing it against my Lexar 1000x cards (which are UHS II).

According to the respective websites, these are the supposed read / write speeds

Sandisk UHS-I 128GB Extreme Pro - Read Speed - up to 95mb/s Write speed - up to 90 mb/s

Lexar Professional 1000x 64GB UHS-II - Read Speed - up to 150mb/s, Write Speed - up to 90 mb/s

So whilst the Lexar UHS-II card is supposed to read quicker than the Sandisk, the write speed on both cards is exactly the same (from the manufacturers own website).

Last edited:
Back