UK LPOTY 2021

That's all correct, as i'm one of the people whose image wasn't on display as it should have been (had 2 in the book, both emails said each image would be on display), a friend of mine working in london who also had an image commended said it wasn't there.

Cropping / poor display par for the course now, they've been cropping images in the book itself for years.
Can I see your two images?

LPOTY

Just another scam to make money at the expense of amateur photographers by exploiting everyone's dreams and aspirations. The organisation/contest is sponsored by "heavy duty" institutions, and they receive money from everywhere and everyone. In the end they spend "pennies" with a prize and imprints for exibhition purposes. Nothing else but a rip off to fill their own pockets. To enter the contest is more expensive than a week's shopping for most. If that's not enough, there's no way to see all entries and make a judgment about the "neutrality" of their own curators/judges. They don't make mention of all participants, or even thank you for your participation by email. I honestly think that something should be done about this. If we all pay, we all have to have something in return.

LPOTY

Just another scam to make money at the expense of amateur photographers by exploiting everyone's dreams and aspirations. The organisation/contest is sponsored by "heavy duty" institutions, and they receive money from everywhere and everyone. In the end they spend "pennies" with a prize and imprints for exibhition purposes. Nothing else but a rip off to fill their own pockets. To enter the contest is more expensive than a week's shopping for most. If that's not enough, there's no way to see all entries and make a judgment about the "neutrality" of their own curators/judges. They don't make mention of all participants, or even thank you for your participation by email. I honestly think that something should be done about this. If we all pay, we all have to have something in return.
Must be a disgruntled entrant whose images didn't get anywhere - he's posted the identical post on other photographic sites today...

Must be a disgruntled entrant whose images didn't get anywhere - he's posted the identical post on other photographic sites today...
Truth must be said my dear. Maybe you like to be ripped off, I don't. My pictures didn't get anywhere, along with many thousands of others. From the moment a contest is sponsored and released, if you have to pay to enter, you expect some sort of mention or gratitude for your money. If you don't pay you don't have nothing to complain about, and obviously I would be quiet.

Truth must be said my dear. Maybe you like to be ripped off, I don't. My pictures didn't get anywhere, along with many thousands of others. From the moment a contest is sponsored and released, if you have to pay to enter, you expect some sort of mention or gratitude for your money. If you don't pay you don't have nothing to complain about, and obviously I would be quiet.
I am not yours nor anyone else's 'dear'.

I am not yours nor anyone else's 'dear'.
Did it on purpose to understand if you are one of those who just come here with nothing to say. And it seems I'm right. Instead of having a constructive opinion and try to look at things differently, you're first move was to attack my views about the contest, arguing that my pictures didn't go anywhere, which is hilarious. If you can't distinguish a banana from a potato, it's not my fault, but one thing is true: The world won't go anywhere with views like that.

LPOTY

You do realise you have a choice to enter or not?

so who's entering again this year?
No chance. I barely have 1-2 images from last year anyway. Life in worcestershire is a right misery for landscape photographer

I'll fire some in again, no reason not to for the sake of £35 or whatever it is this year.

My only gripe about 2021's comp was the communication could have been a lot better, no emails if you never "made the cut" unlike previous years, only if you got shortlisted, then no emails to follow up the shortlisting unless you got commended won it etc. Usually there's always emails to say yay or nay.

No chance. I barely have 1-2 images from last year anyway. Life in worcestershire is a right misery for landscape photographer
You do realise you can enter images from up to 5 years previous don't you?

I'll fire some in again, no reason not to for the sake of £35 or whatever it is this year.

My only gripe about 2021's comp was the communication could have been a lot better, no emails if you never "made the cut" unlike previous years, only if you got shortlisted, then no emails to follow up the shortlisting unless you got commended won it etc. Usually there's always emails to say yay or nay.

Yes, the communication could. Even if its something to just let you know what's going on, just a generic update email.

I did enter some last year, I also can't even remember some that I entered and there is no way for me to see what I did enter and there was nothing on my conformation entry email. It would be good to have something so you can check.

its £25 for 8 or £35 for 20.

I can think of 35 reasons :LOL:

I can think of 35 reasons :LOL:

I can think of 9965 extra reasons if you're lucky enough to win it though...it's a long shot, but you gotta be in it to win it :ROFLMAO:

Back