Ullswater @ Christmas

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Just got around to processing these .....small selection of a great days shoot.

Early morning start - Got there for 8:00am and it was -4C :nut:

_MG_1260-01.jpg

B&W variation (Sorry it offends anyone ;) )

_MG_1264-01.jpg

Panoramic shot (Cropped to take out rubbish)

_MG_1277-01.jpg

And a few more.................

I said it was cold didn't I .........
_MG_1323-01.jpg

Token shot of the Boathouse

_MG_1403-01.jpg

This is futher down Ullswater - past Aria Force.
_MG_1462-02.jpg

I've got a couple more to share but didn't want to slow things up with more images.......if anyone wants to see I'll post them.

Stunning set of shots you have there Mr T ! Particularly like the second (B & W) really lovely take - like it a lot !

Wonder how the frosty jetty would show up in B & W too ?

Thanx for sharing ... Aaah memories !

Great set THX
I really like the last one and the B&W.

Bring on the rest.:thumb:

Regarding the first 2 shots, I like the B+W better, I think the portait view actually suits the subject and adds interest.
Great shots, all of them
Rich

Great set...some real perspective shots there. Has someone else shot that boathouse before.... rings a bell ?

I like them too.

Of the first two I preferred the b+w - which is unlike me :) . So I had a play with number 1 and changed the levels and contrast - it then looked better than the b+w for me.

Nice set. thanks for sharing.

Not a bad one among them, You should be proud of those, well worthy of printing and hanging.

The frosty jetty pic is spot on, to think a simple footprint in the frost would have spoilt it :eek2:

I think the boathouse is my favorite out of those, some fantasic shots there. I'll be hoping to get some about 50% as good as those when we venture up there later this year.

stevegreen said:
I think the boathouse is my favorite out of those, some fantasic shots there. I'll be hoping to get some about 50% as good as those when we venture up there later this year.

ditto to that, the wife and i are going to kendal is September, dont know how near ullswater is though.
great photos, love em all..

All fantastic shots - but the jetty wins it for me.
Just seems to be perfect composition, detail, WB, and what can you do with the colour white - and there you go, shot number four is your answer:thumb:

The others are all good shots aswell but number 4 is my favourite:)

Brilliant shots. Really like the jetty and the one past Aira.

Boon Ullswater is about three quarters of an hour (ish) from Kendal, you can go over the top at Ambleside over Kirkstone pass, or if you don't feel like the tops you can come up through the honey pots of Ambleside, Rydal, Grasmere, up to St Johns in the Vale (B5322), pick up the A66 and across to Rheged (underground shops) which is just next to Ullswater.

I'm hoping to go on Saturday - it's about 20 mins drive for me :)

Allan

Mr THX said:
.....small selection of a great days shoot.
You wern't kidding! Great shots :thumb:
Frozen jetty and the last pic are my favourites... come on, show us the rest :D

Lovely shots - very atmospheric. B&W works very well. The weakest is #3, but I love the rest - any of them would look good on a wall :thumb:

Keltic Ice Man said:
Brilliant shots. Really like the jetty and the one past Aira.

Boon Ullswater is about three quarters of an hour (ish) from Kendal, you can go over the top at Ambleside over Kirkstone pass, or if you don't feel like the tops you can come up through the honey pots of Ambleside, Rydal, Grasmere, up to St Johns in the Vale (B5322), pick up the A66 and across to Rheged (underground shops) which is just next to Ullswater.

I'm hoping to go on Saturday - it's about 20 mins drive for me :)

Allan

hi allan
thank you for the info, i am not sure about driving over passes, i tend to be too un-nerved by the experience, so may travel via the honey pots. I sure hope i get some shots like these.
many thanks

Thanks for all the feedback :clap:

As I mentioned I have got a few more but I'll put them on a second thread to save this one crashing when opened.

Just before I go ........... one for Venomator

I had done this earlier B&W version + a little Grain..........

_MG_1323-01a.jpg

excellent stuff THX, really really enjoyed looking at them!

I like them all, the last 2 especially. Excellent shots.
Thanks for sharing.

Mike

Back