Ullswater

Name
Maureen
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm hopeless at landscapes but want to improve this year. I liked this view from my hotel in Ullswater at the weekend.

Ullswater3789web1pb.jpg

C&C welcome :)

I don't think I'd use the word 'hopeless'.

Does look a little washed out (overexposed?) to me though. There's also no visual path to lead me through the landscape. It's just 'bang, here it is'. The water is doing nothing other than placing the shore on a vertical third, and the background is a bit 'mushy'.

All this IMHO, of course :)

I don't think I'd use the word 'hopeless'.

Does look a little washed out (overexposed?) to me though. There's also no visual path to lead me through the landscape. It's just 'bang, here it is'. The water is doing nothing other than placing the shore on a vertical third, and the background is a bit 'mushy'.

All this IMHO, of course :)

Like I said hopeless :LOL: Thanks Lee ;)
Although I did put some effort into my landscapes this time using a tripod and remote timer and giving thought to composition. Light the other ingredient was a little harsh and I had bleak white skies.

Last edited:
It is not the strongest scene but it could make a passable picture. Think it needs some different light and clarity to make it more interesting. Don't know if it was, but it looks like it was a dull day.

I like the composition of this shot, just needs the colours boosting a tad, try shadows & highlites, and a touch of unsharp mask (15-20 amount, 250,radius ) to up the contrast a bit too.

I yearn to see the tops of those slopes :) I like the textures and colours but there is a focal point missing somehow or just a bit of punch :)

ullswater is such a pretty lake pity you've just shot a bit of it. Looks like the light was flat so perhaps need to visit at another time of day

Back