Under water Case for panasonic lumix dmc fz8

Name
Glenn
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys I do a lot of fishing on the shore and in my kayak and I would like to take pics to display on my website. I would like to find an underwater housing or a waterproof case so that I can take pictures whilst afloat.

Ive searched the net and cant find one for my camera. Any idea anyone ?

Have you given Cameras Underwater (search this on the web) a call - they should be able to tell you if one is available for this camnera -- I had one for a Lumix some time back but got it in Singapore..

Aquapac do waterproof bags that are reputedy safe to 15m depth. I've never used one but there should be plenty of reviews available.

HTH

I dont think they do a hard shell one for the FZ series Panasonics. Cameras underwater (are very good) but they'll probably offer you a variation on the EWA Marine waterproof bags. Still depth rated to 30m or so, so would be fine for kayaking.
www.camerasunderwater.co.uk

If not ** try Ocean Optics but social may be right...

I dont think they do a hard shell one for the FZ series Panasonics. Cameras underwater (are very good) but they'll probably offer you a variation on the EWA Marine waterproof bags. Still depth rated to 30m or so, so would be fine for kayaking.
www.camerasunderwater.co.uk

Can I take pictures using one of these bags ? and if so what would the quality be like in comparison to having the camera out in the open ? Is there any chance of a link to one please ? :):) Sorry if I sound a bit naive but its something Ive never really done before.

No issue with the photo quality as long as they are used correctly, they also keep seawater off the camera of course... but go look at one first before buying would be my advice

Probably as much for a housing as the camera is worth (with little resaleable value) well c£150, similar EWA marine, that is why the 'bag' is worth investigating c£30

Hi Guys me again,

Sorry to be a pain. I priced up the ewa and you were right I would be looking at around £150 plus a little estra for some type of adapter.

I note that Paul mentions a bag. Could you elaborate a bit more on that option and maybe post a link to where I could get one from ?

Many thanks again - Glenn

Back