Underexposed photos with a Polaroid Land Camera :/

Name
Jessica
Edit My Images
Yes
I recently bought a Polaroid 103 Land Camera off ebay. I loaded the film but all photos are terribly underexposed. I'm not entirely sure where the problem lies.

• I have put in new batteries (it has been converted to take 2 AAA batteries)
  • The film is B&W, 100 ISO
  • I have set the little dial to lighten. This made a bit of difference but is still extremely underexposed (I only knew it made a difference as it was no longer a pitch black image)
  • I held down the shutter button, thinking it would keep the shutter open for longer if required.

If anyone has any ideas what might be up with it that'd be great. I have a suspicion it's still something to do with the batteries. Maybe there is a lose connection. I just don't know how I'd fix that.

Hmm... it should be good for up to 10 sec exposure... does the shutter time vary if you put your hand over the sensor?

I don't think so. I was expecting to hear 2 "clunks" 1 opening and then one closing, but I'm not getting that.

are you allowing enought time for development before opening the film?

Try giving it twice as long and confirm what the results are like.

are you allowing enought time for development before opening the film?

Try giving it twice as long and confirm what the results are like.

I'm following the guidelines on the film pack, but I'll try this. Will wait untill tomorrow to try though as the light is fading now.

Back