Unsure Advice needed

Name
andy
Edit My Images
No
:thinking:, just in the process of selling my sigma 150-500mm on here to fund my new purshase, but in stumped what to buy, i want another zoom, but not sure which?????? Opinion's on the canon 100-400mm f4-5.6 is or is there something else out there as good as the 100-400????????? or does anyone have any other suggestions....

thanks(y)

There is only one Canon 100-400L, and it's not f/2.8.

It's a very highly regarded and popular lens. Very versatile and a lot of reach for the money, plus IS. If you want a long zoom, this is as good as it gets.

cheers hoppy for that, i was thinking of something else and was falling asleep as i was writing this post lol:bonk:

post rectified

I just fancy a change to be honest, try something different, the canon 100-400 is a push/pull zoom which i have never tried before and would like to, also ive heard you carnt get any better than this lens (sharpness/clarity) unless you start spending mega money..... I will be shooting airshows, wildlife ect....(y)

I just fancy a change to be honest, try something different, the canon 100-400 is a push/pull zoom which i have never tried before and would like to, also ive heard you carnt get any better than this lens (sharpness/clarity) unless you start spending mega money..... I will be shooting airshows, wildlife ect....(y)

100-400 is a safe bet then. First choice for airshows, and pretty good for wildlife, with the caveat that you pretty much can't have too much length for that. But plenty of folks here get great birding shots with this lens.

Bottom line is that if you don't get on with it (or have another fickle moment ;) ) this lens holds it value as well as anything. You could buy and sell one on here without losing a penny, which is more than you can say for your Sigma.

Edit - it's sharp! See current thread here: http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=142775

Well.. I got one. (100-400mm)
Is a great lens, sharp as razor blades and a pleasure to use... Still, my 500mm has been permanently glued to one of my cameras and I hardly ever use it these days ..So, it will be up for sale soon... keep a watch for it on the classifieds.
Note to Mods
If my post has broken the rules please feel free to remove it.

Back