Up and Running!!!

First thing I noticed mate was that it wont open on Safari on my Mac.
Well it opens but doesnt work very well, tells me to use Firefox instead.

May be worthwhile trying to get it cross platform compatible

Cheers

Yea I'm thinking of trying to get a photo but not sure which one at the moment

When you say it doesn't open very well.....whats the issue?

Any links or tips how to get it cross platfrom compatible?

Thanks

Think your home page could do with a bit more interest. Bits sparse, maybe a photo.

I was going to say something similar.. the logo should maybe be in the center or something but I wonder if you would be as well binning the splash screen and just going straight to the about page? Also if you aren't showing thumbnails of the images should you maybe show a number to indicate how many pics there are in the set.. I personally don't like clicking next next next with no idea when it will end.. but if i see there are only a small selection to go through I'm more likely to just look at them all.

G

Yea I'm thinking of trying to get a photo but not sure which one at the moment

When you say it doesn't open very well.....whats the issue?

Any links or tips how to get it cross platfrom compatible?

Thanks

It looks like this when I open it

3547792445_40cce09648_o.jpg

Also when I open the galleries some of the pages show a black background with white squares showing but if I click away then back again they open fully so something isnt quite working right.

How you go about making it work on cross platforms is a little beyond my knowledge im afraid

I was going to say something similar.. the logo should maybe be in the center or something but I wonder if you would be as well binning the splash screen and just going straight to the about page? Also if you aren't showing thumbnails of the images should you maybe show a number to indicate how many pics there are in the set.. I personally don't like clicking next next next with no idea when it will end.. but if i see there are only a small selection to go through I'm more likely to just look at them all.

G

If you know a code that I can just add into what I've got already then I'll add that into it, however it took me a while to find the coding for how I have it at the moment. I do see what your saying but I couldn't seem to find anything that mixed the two :shrug:

It looks like this when I open it

3547792445_40cce09648_o.jpg

Also when I open the galleries some of the pages show a black background with white squares showing but if I click away then back again they open fully so something isnt quite working right.

How you go about making it work on cross platforms is a little beyond my knowledge im afraid

Care to show me an image of the gallery thing your on about. That Firefox thing is what I put on the front, I'm just trying to find a code that it will only show if a use has IE. As on the gallery on IE the arrow moves up and down, it doesn't stay in the same place

I cant capture the image of the gallery when it is messed up because as soon as I click on the grab tool on my computer then open your site back up it has loaded the background fully. I was going to do this originally for you.

Oh well if you have put the firefox symbol on there then it may be working fine after all

Some sick pics, esp the Rock and roll andthe crooks (last pic in skateboarding) but if I am honest the site doesn't ake me want to spendin time looking. The site doesn't do the pics justice. Plain entrance which does nothing for me to make me want to look at your work, so I have to click to get anywhere, and there is nothing to make me want to. Go straight to news page IMHO.

I know the home page needs some work to be fair

I was just going for a simple and easy look, as tried a site using lightbox, but then people didn't get on with that, now using this way people aren't too keen either :(

A lot of comments there.. hopefully you are finding them all helpful rather than destructive. It can be easy to think people are just picking for the sake of it but i'm sure all are trying to be constructive.

Just to clarify my earlier point about moving the logo down.. When I first visited the site it looked like the area in the centre was a space for an image which I actually waited to load but it never did.. that's why I though by centring stuff on that page it would look more like a splash screen.

I'll have a nose at the code you use for the galleries.

Why?

As I said I'm trying to find some code that will only make that appear when a use with IE clicks on as I coded it to work with Firefox, and some stuff messes up in IE. Thats all

Thats why... The WWW is for everyone no matter what they use.. I dont like sites with best viewed anything.. browser. os, hardware, resolution.

Thats why... The WWW is for everyone no matter what they use.. I dont like sites with best viewed anything.. browser. os, hardware, resolution.
:agree: Keep it clean and it will work on all browsers.

PS. I don't use IE or Firefox. :)

Good site. Only comments would be that you're not making the most of the real estate.. use of only the central third or so leaves a lot of black. I would suggest bigger pics to do then justice and using left and right for info, e.g. on the "about" page there is little content but on my monitor I have to scroll down to read it all. Would be better to left or right of photo.

Looks good and I agree with comment above from Snapper.

Long ass URL too, which I would find a pain.

As other front page needs something more
Also I look at it on IE and Firefox both look the same?
Also checked it out on your ISP where the web is hosted i.e. blueyonder
look just the same
One last point page very small in the middle of my screen, might look ok on a 15ins screen but not on my 20 ins
One last point you need more info in your metafiles if you want to be found by google

About the long URL - I couldn't think of anything shorter to be fair that would link into me and give an idea of what it's about. :shrug:

I'll try and change the about page thing tonight so it's inline with the photo, just hope I don't mess up the design layout :(

The way the code works on the gallery, I couldn't find a way to add extra's like info without it either not working or just having the same info for each thing!!

The reason it says blueyonder as the host is as thats what I get free with Virgin, so I'm using the free host, but because I didn't want an even URL I bought one that was shorter and didn't have blueyonder on the end.

Yeah I know what you mean, I had a URL once with hyphins in it, and when I told people the URL I hated having to explain that it has hyphin's in it.

It's why I love benwall.com

Don't worry about it matt.

It's simple!

"Yeah, my website is matt dash thomas dash photography dot co dot uk"

Not an issue!

Just how mine I don't feel is an issue, it separates it nicely :)

(seantaylor-photography)

Much better, immediately people can see some of your style!

I must admit I have been guilty of building sites using one browser and not catering for others as you just want to get your idea built into something that works.. But really you should test on all browsers. I would consider removing the Firefox logo and info as mentioned.. it really will put some people off. The site seems fine in IE, just make sure you check it often.

I see you use a script from dynamic drive for the slideshows.. if you look at the swiss army one it has the ability to number the pics.

Also you might consider a more modern (perhaps overused, but nonetheless cool) lightbox/lightwindow scripts.

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/lightbox2/index.htm

Much better, immediately people can see some of your style!

I must admit I have been guilty of building sites using one browser and not catering for others as you just want to get your idea built into something that works.. But really you should test on all browsers. I would consider removing the Firefox logo and info as mentioned.. it really will put some people off. The site seems fine in IE, just make sure you check it often.

I see you use a script from dynamic drive for the slideshows.. if you look at the swiss army one it has the ability to number the pics.

Also you might consider a more modern (perhaps overused, but nonetheless cool) lightbox/lightwindow scripts.

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/lightbox2/index.htm

I used lightbox on my other site and people didn't like it.

Swiss army slideshow??? (Opens up Google...............

EDIT - Dammmmmmmmmm thats alot of code :(:(:(

simple, i like it. however bin off that firefox bit at the bottom it looks tacky as will a counter. dont do it!

it works fine in IE, just update the stylesheets slightly as the images have blue link borders around them.

simple, i like it. however bin off that firefox bit at the bottom it looks tacky as will a counter. dont do it!

it works fine in IE, just update the stylesheets slightly as the images have blue link borders around them.

I might be getting all coded out..........but I can't seem to see how :thinking:

Any quick help?

EDIT - Think I've got it now

EDIT2 - Firefox fine.............IE not grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I'm on Safari and only the actual images ont he homepage acts as clicky links - the links a he top (home, news ec) just lead me to a blank screen.

Skating shots are cool. Love the portrait of the girl on the sofa.

I'm on Safari and only the actual images ont he homepage acts as clicky links - the links a he top (home, news ec) just lead me to a blank screen.

Skating shots are cool. Love the portrait of the girl on the sofa.

Say what!!!!:cautious:

This is getting :bang::bang: now

That girl is my girlfriend ;) One of the 1st shots from my Bronica actually :D

Back