Answered Up date regarding TP hand over.

Cobra

In Memoriam. TPer Emeritus
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
We are happy to announce that the forum hand over is almost complete, only one thing remains, and that is something Marcel has been working on for quite sometime, a new server
To that end, we will shortly be switching over. Unfortunately this is likely to mean TP will be off line, as the transition completes, hopefully it will only be short lived.
However this is now in the hands of the hosts, and no one has control over date, day or time,
But it is fairly imminent. ( less than a week hopefully)
We’ll keep you up to date with any new information as we get it.
Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Last edited:
Has the server swap happened? Only asking because the site seems a bit slow this morning.

Must have been an issue my end - all seems speedy enough now (apart from posting on the Looking Towards Dartmoor thread which is always VERY slow for me [close to 30 seconds for an all text post.])

Has the server swap happened? Only asking because the site seems a bit slow this morning.
Not that I am aware of, the prediction is that its likely to be a couple of hours at least, down time.

I forced a restart and things speeded up thereafter. Wish I knew why it was just that one thread that gives (just!) me superslowness!

Just had an outage here. Not on faceache so not sure if that was the changeover or just a local issue (other sites were fine and a restart didn't make a difference.)

I think @sirch is online and here at the moment, he might know more...

Not related to the hand over, TBH things are taking a bit longer than expected, we'll get updates out as soon as we know anything.

Reactions: Nod
Just to add it's been working fine for me all day and I have been popping in fairly regularly

I did post on FB, but it was only out briefly,
Obviously it has returned in the last couple of minutes

Thanks for the replies, gents.

Here's hoping that when it does happen, all goes smoothly (IMO, more important than speedily, although smooth and fast would be good!!!)

To paraphrase Mike Curtiz (to David Niven & Errol Flynn:) "You lousy bums, you and your stinking language, you think I know f*** nothing, well let me tell you— I know f*** ALL!”

Back