Up in the Moors

Edit My Images
Yes
I like the shot - some lovely scenery there, although I would crop out the distracting forground to the bottom of the trees. I like the way you have used the trees as a natural frame.

I was thinking it would look good cropped too. Although I was thinking more of the top than the bottom. I like the frosty patch in the foreground, it draws your attention to the fact that the shot goes from your feet, down through the trees and out to the horizon.

I think it makes a great square image, so much so that I had a little play. I hope you don't mind but it was easier to do a rough version of how I saw it than try to explain. Of course I'll get rid of the link if you'd rather I hadn't.

http://dazzajl.fotopic.net/p26270140.html

Cracking shot & for me the composition works, especially if you look at in Monochrome ;)

9.jpg

It is a lovely shot but ... there is something not working for me and I cannot quite put my finger on it ! Possible something about the composition ?

Not sure about either of the edits either ... crikey - so decisive aren't I ! Scarey ...

I like the shot but am troubled also. Is it because it is in a portrait view rather than horizontal?

Cutting the bottom until it is square might work. I like the B&W treatment by DJW.

HIMUPNORTH said:
I like the shot but am troubled also. Is it because it is in a portrait view rather than horizontal?
Doubt it. I'm an advocate of landscape shots taken in portrait orientation, and this one works particularly well for me.

I think the composition is fine, the image is perhaps a little flat and lacks a point of interest maybe?

Back