UPDATE: Brothers Wedding (done)

Thanks for your comments.
The only sharpening i have intentionally added was small adjustment in LR. Might have to reduce the value a touch then.

B&G have seen 3 preview images and are really happy so hopefully that will remain once delivered.

The only sharpening i have intentionally added was small adjustment in LR. Might have to reduce the value a touch then.

careful before you do. Its possible that the display method here has added some by default

Well done, if they like them then its all good but it is just a pity that you Did not get to enjoy the day as a fully fledged guest.

Best to order some proof prints first then?

I think that might be overkill - if you're funding this I mean. However if it's for the purpose of them choosing the prints they're going to BUY from you (and I don't mean at cost price) then you could indeed do a proof book (these are quite cheap) or set up an online gallery. That said, if the couple just want the digital files then bung them on a disc and you're done - they can sort out their own printing without you having any further hassles.

Absolutely, well done indeed (y)

I think that might be overkill - if you're funding this I mean. However if it's for the purpose of them choosing the prints they're going to BUY from you (and I don't mean at cost price) then you could indeed do a proof book (these are quite cheap) or set up an online gallery. That said, if the couple just want the digital files then bung them on a disc and you're done - they can sort out their own printing without you having any further hassles.

(y) and for a brother in law I'd strongly advise the latter course - one thing you might want to do is do a bunch of web ready low res resizes for them, so that they don't butcher your work before putting it on social media , but other than that the least effort course is best as you've already gone to a lot of effort on their behalf without recompense

(y) and for a brother in law I'd strongly advise the latter course - one thing you might want to do is do a bunch of web ready low res resizes for them, so that they don't butcher your work before putting it on social media , but other than that the least effort course is best as you've already gone to a lot of effort on their behalf without recompense

Sounds good to me.
Thanks all for the continued support.

Some good shots there!

Thanks all.
Just a quick update, i invited the bro and sister in law round last night so i could go over the photos with them, before they saw them, they gave me some crisp notes as a "small token of thanks to put towards any new gear i might want"
Both were very happy with their photos and were genuinely overwhelmed with the ones i got.

Thanks for all the advice, and for sticking with me!

Back