UPDATE ....WOOOOOT.. I'm right chuffed....

S

stepheno

.....I've just had two photos published in the Halifax Evening Courier - first time :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I went to watch my sons play in the Senior Cup Final on Friday night and the Courier photographer didn't turn up. So, I emailed the paper and offered mine - sports editor said to send a batch and he later requested two at full-size. In tonights edition with the write-up. My god....it feels good. Sorry to harp on but just had to tell someone who understands. Here's the two shots and thanks for reading.

bobs01.jpg

bobs02.jpg

regards

Congrats m8! why were they doing a story on riverdance though? :)

Thanks for your comments ladieeeeez and gents.

regards

Well done!

Well done to you!! :D

Congrats(y)

good one. and well deserved too, they're good shots. Now all you have to do is offer your services on a more permanent basis, underlining that you are both punctual and reliable ;)

Thank you all for your kind words. I am going to speak to the sports editor about somer freelance cover. They have two f/t papparrazzi but I would be available weekends and evenings - trouble is, I have no idea how much? Would you charge per shot, and if so what's a reasonable rate, or by the hour?

Thanks again and

regards

Congrats Stepheno and good luck...fingers crossed for ya.

Thanks all.....an update.....emailed the Sports Editor with my details and offered to freelance cover weekends and evenings. He has replied that he is keeping my contact details and will be in touch.

Ok....I do need some idea of what and how to charge. Thanks in anticipation.

regards

check out the nuj website for rates, i put a thread on here somewhere but dammed if I can find it at the minute. Off to pub so will have a look tomorrow for you.

stepheno, you'll probably be expected to charge per pic. In reality, you'll be lucky to get more than £20-25 each, but ask what they pay.

Yeah...I followed gary's link to NUJ site and that's what they are saying. Much obliged Neos.

regards

Back