upgrade not sure what to

adt

Name
alan
Edit My Images
Yes
hello all
im thinking of upgrading all my equipment i want to try out landscape and street photography what would be a good choice of lens to have.
at the mo i have a nikon d80 sigma 17-35 and 120-400 os, i was looking to getting a d300 but not sure on what lens to get.

cheers..
alan...

What is your budget? There aren't many cheap Nikon lenses out there that are better than your 120-400. The 80-400 VR has had bad reviews.

hello all
im thinking of upgrading all my equipment i want to try out landscape and street photography what would be a good choice of lens to have.
at the mo i have a nikon d80 sigma 17-35 and 120-400 os, i was looking to getting a d300 but not sure on what lens to get.

cheers..
alan...

If you looking to upgrade and main body of your photography is landscapes and city scenes, I wouldn't go for another crop sensor camera, I would choose one of Nikon's full frame cameras to take advantage of the wider angled lenses. D300 still has a 1.5x crop and is more for motorsport than landscapes.

If you looking to upgrade and main body of your photography is landscapes and city scenes, I wouldn't go for another crop sensor camera, I would choose one of Nikon's full frame cameras to take advantage of the wider angled lenses. D300 still has a 1.5x crop and is more for motorsport than landscapes.

That's a big jump to make, from a D80 to a D700, even just in purely financial terms, the cost to change bodies (assuming the sale of the D80) would be something like £14-1500.....

It's still £1100-1200 for the D300 if he upgrades to that minus trade in value of his D80 which is about £300-400.

Why do you want to upgrade? What do you want to do that you can't do with your D80?

Why do you want to upgrade? What do you want to do that you can't do with your D80?
im sure i could do a lot more with a d300 than a d80 it also would be nice to have a better camera.
cheers..
alan...

im sure i could do a lot more with a d300 than a d80 it also would be nice to have a better camera.
cheers..
alan...

Could you? I recently upgraded from a D200 to a D300 and will be honest and say the biggest difference has been that I can ramp up the ISO a bit more and I like the feel of the camera (worth £500 more I can't honestly say it was!!) however since buying faster glass and particularly the 80-200 f2.8 has made a massive difference to the quality of my shots so I would recommend spending some cash on better glass and wait a while to pick up a good used D300 when they come down in price a little

Could you? I recently upgraded from a D200 to a D300 and will be honest and say the biggest difference has been that I can ramp up the ISO a bit more and I like the feel of the camera (worth £500 more I can't honestly say it was!!) however since buying faster glass and particularly the 80-200 f2.8 has made a massive difference to the quality of my shots so I would recommend spending some cash on better glass and wait a while to pick up a good used D300 when they come down in price a little

after much thought today i think i will stay with the d80 and just upgrade my lens im looking something where i can get good street and landscape plus macro what do you recommend.
the 120-400mm is just to much for me i tried the wildlife but the waiting around did get a bit boring.
cheers..
alan...

Back