Upgrading A200 to A700

poxy central heating boiler is playing up,and we have no heating.nothing i can do until tomorrow,and if it's gonna cost too much,the A700 might have to wait a while :crying:

What a bummer :(

I, too, may have to wait a while. And here's why:

I'm a regular on a musician's discussion forum and (to cut a long story short) late last night a fellow-forumite and LA-based record producer asked me if I'd like to travel to his studio to record one of my songs! I kid you not :eek:

My wife and I are celebrating our tenth wedding anniversary on 26th April, so I thought I'd treat her to a week in California, including a couple of days of playing the part of rock chick whilst I'm recording (y)

It'll cost me a bit, so the A700 may have to wait........

What a bummer :(

I, too, may have to wait a while. And here's why:

I'm a regular on a musician's discussion forum and (to cut a long story short) late last night a fellow-forumite and LA-based record producer asked me if I'd like to travel to his studio to record one of my songs! I kid you not :eek:

My wife and I are celebrating our tenth wedding anniversary on 26th April, so I thought I'd treat her to a week in California, including a couple of days of playing the part of rock chick whilst I'm recording (y)

It'll cost me a bit, so the A700 may have to wait........

sounds like you're going to enjoy the experience though,so maybe worth it...nice one(y)

well....what an eventful day to say the least.

boiler was playing up as mentioned,then whilst watching some darts on the TV..i look up at the ceiling to notice a mahosive bulge dropping down from it,so i shout at jackie to get up and move away,which she did quickly.i then moved the 2 seater,laptop etc away from the area,cover the carpet with a dustsheet before puncturing the bubble to release the water(some of which ended up in a bucket)all over the place.

i then get upstairs to start removing carpet,floor boards etc to find the offending object,which was a central heating pipe which had been punctured by a nail or screw by the installers 3 years ago,and they had done a poor repair by running some solder over the hole(not a job they should have done)which had worked loose over a period of time.

i then ring a plumber and good mate of mine to see if he could come,which he did straight away,and spent 3-4 hours in total sorting it out.so now at least my heating is back on and sorted,but i now have a 2ft X 1ft hole in the ceiling that has to be sorted.first thing in the morning i'm going to ring the installers and give them a right royal roasting :bang:,not sure where it'll get me though...then ring/visit my household insurers to put in a claim to sort out the damage.i've paid my mate/plumber up front as he doesn't deal with insurance companies,so i will hopefully get that back through the insurance...

so hopefully i may still get my A700...fingers crossed :|

how did the convo with the installers go?

how did the convo with the installers go?

guy from the company turned up today,took photo's etc..and agree's that a pipe has been punctured/fault of installer.he's going to report back to his boss today..and i shall hopefully get some sort of offer so i at least don't loose out in all this mess.

insurance chap also was here today,and has agreed that ceiling is completely replaced,room to be completely redecorated,curtains and blinds replaced..and an independant company is coming to assess the carpet to see wether it can be saved,or needs replacing.

builders and decorators have given me a price which i now have to pass on to my insurance,so hopefully they will give me the go-ahead.

guy from the company turned up today,took photo's etc..and agree's that a pipe has been punctured/fault of installer.he's going to report back to his boss today..and i shall hopefully get some sort of offer so i at least don't loose out in all this mess.

insurance chap also was here today,and has agreed that ceiling is completely replaced,room to be completely redecorated,curtains and blinds replaced..and an independant company is coming to assess the carpet to see wether it can be saved,or needs replacing.

builders and decorators have given me a price which i now have to pass on to my insurance,so hopefully they will give me the go-ahead.

Looks like you're fully covered then. (y) Apologies Stan, I'd forgotten all about this.

Back