Upminster Windmill

I like that oldboy, particularly the careful use of the framing with the branches.

yes, very nice, good to frame stuff like that

This is a very good pic ... old school and so much better for it !

Very good treatment Oldboy. :smilenod:

Could, IMO have done with a little foreground (ground) treatment ? :ponders:

Venomator said:
This is a very good pic ... old school and so much better for it !

Very good treatment Oldboy. :smilenod:

Could, IMO have done with a little foreground (ground) treatment ? :ponders:

I agree but at a loss as to what to do.....suggestions?:)

Maybe step back a little, and get slightly lower, so as to include the lines on the grass, to lead the eye up to the lighthouse.

Marcel said:
Maybe step back a little, and get slightly lower, so as to include the lines on the grass, to lead the eye up to the lighthouse.

There is a lighthouse there too ?

Must be this laptop... can't see it

:D :D

Lighthouse? Did I say lighthouse?
I meant Pylon :D

Marcel said:
Lighthouse? Did I say lighthouse?
I meant Pylon :D

Wondered why I couldn't see the Lighthouse......the Tides out and some silly sod didn't turn on the lamp!

Agree with getting down lower, but unfortunately I would not be able to get down any lower than I was (restrictive movement I'll call it!!), but I can see what you mean, ideally it would probably be better to just lie down on the grass and take the shot.
Thanks for the comments folks anyway....

oldboy2000 said:
Wondered why I couldn't see the Lighthouse......the Tides out and some silly sod didn't turn on the lamp!

Agree with getting down lower, but unfortunately I would not be able to get down any lower than I was (restrictive movement I'll call it!!), but I can see what you mean, ideally it would probably be better to just lie down on the grass and take the shot.
Thanks for the comments folks anyway....

I can fully understand about the limited movement thing.
I used to be 22 stone so I had limited movement myself (OK I was a big fatty who couldnt tie his shoelaces :D).

I could have got lower shots if I'd huffed and puffed down to ground level, but instead, I either used the swivel screen on my G3, or I was even known to bend down, put the camera near the floor and aim and hope, and keep chimping until I got it right :D

Back