Upper Derwent Dams.....

Bumph GB

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
.... well, two of them anyway. I decided a couple of weeks ago that i would make the trip to Ladybower dam the next time i had some decent weather on my day off, well thursday turned out to be nice (if a little cloudy) so i set off with very little knowledge of what to expect. It`s fantastic scenery but i was only happy with a few of my shots, so here they are:

Ladybower dam:
1)
DSC_0950bw.jpg

2)
DSC_0962.jpg

3)
DSC_0960bw.jpg

4)
DSC_0958.jpg

Derwent dam:
5)
DSC_0976.jpg

6)
DSC_0987.jpg

7)
DSC_0988.jpg

8)
DSC_0981.jpg

C&C more than welcome, thanks for looking.

Beautiful shots and a beautiful area.

# 1 for me,those clouds give the shot great depth,and that sink hole feels very threatening.Good shot

Arwyn

Nice set of photos, what processing have you done to the colour shots? They are very good.

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback, i`ve got to say i dont stick to any real pattern when processing my shots i just do what i feel works best. Generally with colour photos i like to take some of the saturation out and up the contrast.

Edit: Most of the shots where taken using auto w/out flash using a rather cheap grad filter i got off of ebay, i`m on a tight budget but i have to say that if i get any spare money i will be investing in a Cokin set up. Filters give you options when shooting that you cannot re-create with photoshop.

Bumph GB said; Most of the shots where taken using auto w/out flash using a rather cheap grad filter i got off of ebay, i`m on a tight budget but i have to say that if i get any spare money i will be investing in a Cokin set up. Filters give you options when shooting that you cannot re-create with photoshop.

I recently invested in a Cokin filter set, not from ebay but I may buy some more of the filters from there if the price is right. I have the ND grad X2 and X4. Most other filters though can be recreated in most part on the computer - more expecially the colour filters, not sure about the star effect ones though :shrug: :cautious:

Back